Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's walked out

(12 Posts)
ams11 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:59:33

After 6yrs of marriage my husband has walked out. I confronted him about messages/pictures he sent to another woman. It was the o/w who contacred me and told me what my husband had been sending her. I knew our marriage was going through a difficult patch but I was not expecting this.

MrsBlobby64 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:06:51

So sorry ams, didn't want to read & run. Do you have a friend or family you can talk to? I'm sure lots of MNers will be giving advice shortly so get yourself a large wine & take a deep breath x

Only1scoop Thu 13-Nov-14 22:08:53

Oh Ams so sorry....have you confided in anyone yet thanks

ams11 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:12:44

Thank you, my family have been great. I have 3 young children so holding it together for them. It just hits me when I put them to bed that I 'm all alone.

magoria Thu 13-Nov-14 22:12:44

Sorry you are going through this.

Do you think/know if they have been physical? If so you need to get yourself to an STI clinic for a full check up.

How did he walk out? Did he just leave without any conversation/admittance? Has he left to punish you in the hopes you will beg for him to come back and sweep it under the carpet?

Contact your closest friends/family and let them support you.

HumblePieMonster Thu 13-Nov-14 22:13:09

That's a very nasty shock for you (understatement of the century). do you have children?
Is there a friend you could ask to come round and be with you?

ams11 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:16:08

He denies physical contact but then I don't know why he would send pictures. He tried to talk his way out of it but now he's gone. I screamed and shouted but he just looked so guilty. I feel numb.

losthermind Thu 13-Nov-14 22:22:33

So sorry you are going through this bullshitams
What was his response when you confronted him with the infidelity ?
In this situation the worst thing you can do is allow yourself to feel inferior to him or her
I was wearing your shoes 10 years ago and blamed myself, I compromised my self worth,
When in reality I was the superior hierarchy, and allowed myself to be mugged off, they fed on my personal problems And ran with it
You do not have to resign yourself to this bollocks, you are stronger than you can ever realise at this moment in time.
Take it day by day, then one day you will wake up and it wont hurt to breathe as much.
When you get to that stage you will feel liberated
If you need to talk inbox me whenever you likeflowers

ams11 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:26:49

Thanks Losthermind, I feel completely walked all over. He has denied a relationship but then why would this woman contact me. I have been so blind. The fact that he's run off leads me to believe the worst.

Drumdrum60 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:45:01

He's walked out because he doesn't want to face what he's done. It's so child like. Run away and not face the consequences.

Leave him to it. Don't call him.

losthermind Thu 13-Nov-14 22:49:58

Liars are never going to tell the truth
They try to believe the bullshit they spurt out, believe me when I say this is not your fault
You are not the lying, adulterous vow breaking banker
I really want you to look at yourself and know that you are far superior than this facade
Take this hurt, use it and grow and be stronger because if it, take this shifty life lesson and flourish from it.
You are not mean to be a wallflower, on have the seed to become beautiful rose Bush
Fuck the lot of them you are fabulous and they are piss pots xx

Joysmum Thu 13-Nov-14 23:00:34

Thank god she told you. You now have the power, you can make your own decisions based on what you know and find out, because there's bound to be more than you know atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now