Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tips on sorting my head out please

(4 Posts)
Monny Thu 13-Nov-14 20:52:38

OK, I've posted rambled blush on here about my DH who is rather controlling, has made me miserable, likes to bang things, seems to project his behaviour on to me, etc. I've managed to detach myself and apply for divorce. Next, I need to find the strength to talk finances with him (not an easy subject with my not-so-DH) and that we need to sort out where to live, DCs, etc. That's where I am in life.

In my heart I know it's the right decision. I do feel stronger and depression has gone. But my head is a pickle (is it me, am I unreasonable, am I really a bully?, etc.) especially as DH is doing the changed man thing and making me feel even more unreasonable...

Can you recommend any books? (I am just starting Bancroft's Why does he do that?)Would counselling help? Just not sure a) how to pick someone or b) if that's something I can afford right now.

flowers

Rioux Thu 13-Nov-14 21:48:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monny Thu 13-Nov-14 23:34:47

Thanks Rioux - would you mind me asking how much a counselling session costs? I'm glad you are sorted out now :-)

I have friends that I can talk too. Not sure if they can be unbiased, but helpful. One confessed that her new BF (now her old BF) had spotted that I was walking on egg shells the first time he met me and had asked her about it. That said, much as the ins-and-outs of this are top priority to me, I don't want to become a divorce bore confused

I guess I need a bit of hand-holding, but I think that what I really need is to be in a state where I don't need hand-holding IYSWIM.

Rioux Fri 14-Nov-14 16:46:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now