Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Found something

(19 Posts)
VitoCorleone Wed 12-Nov-14 23:58:36

Womens foundation, under the passenger seat in DPs car. Was at work so text him, denied any knowledge at first, asked to see a pic, said it was one he bought me last Xmas (i cant remember, that was ages ago, he did buy me make up though) says he took it to work and used it and it was shit so its sat in the bottom of his bag, must have fell out.

Now, i know he used to wear foundation (he gets a very blotchy face and tries to hide it) and used to keep foundation in his bag. So do i believe this? Why has this just surfaced now, I'm in that car all the time? Why deny it at first?

I 90% believe him but 10% don't know.

Sorry, just need to write it down i guess, don't know what to think sad

Coco0123 Thu 13-Nov-14 00:03:43

I think his explanation sounds plausible. Have you had any other reasons to be suspicious lately?

Drumdrum60 Thu 13-Nov-14 00:06:55

Sounds like its the truth to me.

ZenNudist Thu 13-Nov-14 00:08:35

It doesn't sound suspicious. Has he got form? If I found foundation in dh's car I wouldn't assume affair, if that's what you're implying....

VitoCorleone Thu 13-Nov-14 00:08:37

None at all, he leaves his phone around (not that that means owt, people can have other phones) he doesn't go out boozing, he goes to work then comes home and has our children while i go to work (in the car)

I should just believe him shouldn't i?

VitoCorleone Thu 13-Nov-14 00:10:18

No he doesn't have form, there was once when he was secretly texting an ex, but that's going back a lot of years, when we first got together.

BOFster Thu 13-Nov-14 00:15:20

Foundation in car does not = lipstick on collar.

His explanation sounds perfectly genuine to me. Especially him asking for a picture, which means he actually wanted to get to the bottom of it. If it was dodgy and he had something to hide, he'd have gone straight into convoluted denial mode.

feelingunsupported Thu 13-Nov-14 00:18:11

Is it his / your colour? I think you're looking for a problem that's not there tbh

VitoCorleone Thu 13-Nov-14 00:27:42

Its a bit lighter than i would wear, which probably explains why i would have put it away and forgot about it. I trust him fully, this just threw me as it was out of the blue.

The foundation has loads of black bits in it so possible that it could have been in his bag for a while, i just don't remember him buying me this, unless he went out and bought it himself but is too embarrassed to say?

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Thu 13-Nov-14 00:28:04

If he does use foundation, his explanation doesn't seem suspicious.
Is there any other reason you suspect him?

SelfLoathing Thu 13-Nov-14 01:11:20

I'm highly suspicious at the best of times but I'd believe him.

The reason I would is because women generally don't carry foundation round with them. You put on your make up and then are done. Makeup bag carry round stuff tends to be powder and lipstick. Touch up stuff. Not the building foundations as it were.

[You need to get him to stop wearing make up though!]

feelingunsupported Thu 13-Nov-14 07:46:52

Why does he need to stop if it makes him feel better about the blotchiness self?

LadyLuck10 Thu 13-Nov-14 08:01:01

It sounds like a good reason op and doesn't sound like anything more than that. Why do you think you immediately doubted him? What made you get to such a conclusion. Has anything happened before.

VitoCorleone Thu 13-Nov-14 09:20:58

I guess I'm just a naturally suspicious person, if he found, for example, a tin of lynx in the car that he knew wasn't his, surely his first thought would be 'who's is this' and not 'why is Vito wearing men's deodorant' (although i do understand some women like to wear lynx, i think?)

Windywinston Thu 13-Nov-14 09:33:10

If I found foundation in my DH's car I'd definitely be suspicious and would be keeping a close eye on DH, but from what you've said your DH's reason sounds plausible to me and I doubt you need to worry.

Vivacia Thu 13-Nov-14 12:30:12

If I found some foundation in the car I wouldn't be suspicious at all, although I'd be completely flummoxed as to where it had come from. I think it's because I just haven't had any reason to not trust DP.

SelfLoathing unless you've answered whilst I'm typing this smile why should he stop wearing foundation??

Windywinston Thu 13-Nov-14 12:42:12

Vivacia, the point I was trying to make was that, as with most things, what makes one person suspicious is no cause of concern for others, it all depends on circumstance. The reason I would be suspicious is because DH only uses his car for work and all his colleagues are male (and don't wear foundation), not because he's ever given me cause for concern. However, since it hasn't happened to me it's a moot point.

I agree, why does he need to stop wearing foundation?

lovetheautumn Thu 13-Nov-14 12:53:49

another here who thinks this seems very plausible, and i am extremely hard to please and when i first read the beginning of the question thought 'the b******' lol ;) but from what you've said after, it all seems fine, he wouldn't have said he had bought it for you if he knew that was a lie, as he would have known you'd never seen it (regardless if you remember or not you have probably just forgotten very easily done) the story just says truth to me, and I'm like monk when it comes to these things lol!! let yourself forget and go give him a hug!

VitoCorleone Thu 13-Nov-14 13:20:00

Oh yes, i also forgot to ask why he should stop wearing it, when his face flares up he feels very self conscious so he tries to cover it up, nothing wrong with that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now