Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

pregnant and hate husband

(6 Posts)
witsend2015 Wed 12-Nov-14 18:08:19

I hear it's normal to 'go off' your husband when pregnant but sometimes I actually hate mine!!
It doesn't help that he has a bad temper and flies off the handle at most things - I used to ignore it or argue back but since falling pregnant, whether it's the hormones or the sense of dread that I'll be bringing children (i'm having twins) into this situation these days I just burst into tears instead!

has anybody else experienced anything similar?
I wonder if it will pass or if this is it and I'll hate him forever!

theoriginalposter Wed 12-Nov-14 19:25:54

I really hate to say it but I was in a very similar situation. I remember looking at my 6 week old babies and thinking "what the hell have I done bringing them into this marriage? " My twins are now 8 and I'm planning a divorce. His shouting and temper are big contributing factors.

Sorry, that's not very helpful or constructive is it? sad

KittyandTeal Wed 12-Nov-14 19:37:28

I think it's normal to 'hate' some of the things your husband does when you're pregnant. Things like daring to eat to loudly, or eat the last crumpets etc.

What I'm trying to say is it's common to be annoyed at those close to you for very unreasonable reasons when you're hormonal.

Your reasons are not unreasonable.

scurryfunge Wed 12-Nov-14 19:40:08

Wits end, In what way does he have a bad temper? Are you ok generally, pregnant or otherwise?

LuluJakey1 Wed 12-Nov-14 20:29:44

I am pregnant and my DH is lovely but I have had three patches whilst I have been pregnant where I have not been able to bear him. I have not wanted him in the same bed, same room, car , house , country or on the same planet. I couldnot bear the sight or sound of him, everything he did was wrong. It was very strange and I was really upset by it because I never feel like that. I love him to bits and I was scared by how vehemently I felt. I even thought at one point I would ask him to move out!
Fortunately, he is vey well- balanced and tolerant and got that it was 'something to do with being preganant'. He is such a nice, kind person and really didn't deserve it. I have no explanation but I could have caused him physical harm.

Bogeyface Wed 12-Nov-14 20:49:21

Its often not until pregnancy or the early days of having children that you realise just how unreasonable someone behaviour is.

You realise that although you can hold you own against them, it is still unhealthy and that a child would not be able to fight back.

I think you are right to be concerned and I would suggest that you make anger management a non negotiable request between now and when the babies arrive. If he has a bad temper now, it will only get worse when sleep deprivation kicks in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now