Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mum just told me DP doesn't love me

(14 Posts)
Lula2515 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:01:01

Just that really. Finally vented everything about my relationship to my mum...
DP flirting with women at work,
The way he talks to me,
Lack of affection,
Calling me mentally ill,
Small unnecessary lies...

She's probably right. We have a gorgeous new baby. It's all a bit sad really.

FunkyBoldRibena Tue 11-Nov-14 23:03:00

Sounds like she has got the right end of the stick.

So, are you happy in this relationship?

Ihatechoosingausername Tue 11-Nov-14 23:03:04

Your baby loves you flowers

Sorry to hear what you're going through I hope you'll be okay

Lula2515 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:05:52

I'm so lucky to have my gorgeous baby.

For ages I've been deeply unhappy thinking that our relationship had changed and he didn't feel the same...I was gutted before. Now I just think he's making me fall out of love with him and I'm just very calm about it...without my pregnancy hormones I'm thinking rationally and need to plan.

AnyFucker Tue 11-Nov-14 23:10:56

That's what mums should do. Tell you the truth, even if it is hard to hear thanks

zzzzz Tue 11-Nov-14 23:13:25

Your Mother on the other hand very obviously does.

Lula2515 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:13:34

It was hard to hear but I knew she was right as soon as she said it. She gave me some good practical advice re saving money and having a plan...she also on the spot came up with a plan were the baby and I could go and live with her and she would cut down her work hours to childmind so I could go to work. She's awesome.

AnyFucker Tue 11-Nov-14 23:14:25

WOW. Could she be my mum too ?

PacificDogwood Tue 11-Nov-14 23:15:26

thanks to you and your mum.

Yes, sounds like he's making sure you finish with him to save him the bother hmm.
Good luck to you and your DD and your awesome mum.

pictish Tue 11-Nov-14 23:16:00

Listen to your mum, I think. x

Lula2515 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:21:07

She is the best, I am blessed really. Just a bit sad coming to terms with the end of a relationship. Mum suggested thinking on it til the new year as things can be stressful in first few weeks of having a baby..so will do that but am going to step back from being my usual desperate to please, overly affectionate self.

Walkacrossthesand Tue 11-Nov-14 23:48:30

Yup - sounds like your STBX has lost a prize, a woman who carried on treating him well long after he started treating her badly. He won't know what he had in you until he's lost it - onwards and upwards for you and your little baby, lula

Lula2515 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:51:25

Aw thank you! (Don't be too nice though, I don't want to get weepy!) x

CurlyWurlyCake Wed 12-Nov-14 00:00:24

I wish I had or did have now a mum as lovely and caring as yours sounds Lula

Listen to your mum thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now