Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Four threads to freedom! Divorcing Twatchops once and for all

(453 Posts)
thenamehaschanged Mon 10-Nov-14 21:57:04

Still can't copy and paste links but my last thread was New name, new game, less stress, more progress!

This really, really is the last one now - I hope that my story has helped anybody breaking free from abuse - it's bloody hard but you can do it!

smile thanks

trackrBird Mon 10-Nov-14 22:06:37

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/2213296-New-name-new-game-less-stress-more-progress-Thanks-to-Rottie?

....love the new title!

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 10-Nov-14 22:08:44

Marking place. You have come so far! Well done.

thenamehaschanged Mon 10-Nov-14 22:10:27

Thank you Trackr smile

Thanks Ribena thanks

AcrossthePond55 Mon 10-Nov-14 22:27:36

Hey all!!!

name, new thread means a new step on the way to new you and new life!!!

PoppyField Mon 10-Nov-14 22:33:18

So satisfying to get 'Twatchops' in the thread title - also makes you nice and easy to find!

Darkesteyes Mon 10-Nov-14 22:37:44

Hell yeah thanks Loving the new title.

Coyoacan Mon 10-Nov-14 22:46:42

Good on you, OP.

thenamehaschanged Mon 10-Nov-14 22:54:53

Haha thanks everyone, lovely to see you all over here grin

Got an email from my PO asking me to go in and sign my statement - it's panicked me a bit because as H is being completely compliant at the moment, I don't want any police involvement for the time being. I just want my statement kept on file so that if anything happens it can be used, same as my other statement from a year ago.

I think if the police went and spoke to H now it would undo a lot of good work me and Rottie have achieved.

The thought of going back to all that anxiety again, I just don't want it for now. Anyway, I've emailed Rottie just to let her know.

thanks

nrv0us Mon 10-Nov-14 23:01:40

A tad off topic,but how do you do a name change?

Jux Mon 10-Nov-14 23:11:42

Hello!

Nrv0us, top right just below the ad there's a purple bar with My Mumsnet on it. It gives a drop down menu. Choose My Account, replace your username with the new name, scroll down to the bottom and enter your password, then save. Et voila!

Jux Mon 10-Nov-14 23:12:33

Isn't it spacious here? I like the curtains grin

thenamehaschanged Mon 10-Nov-14 23:14:26

Lots of off topics on these threads nrv0us, no worries there! Glad Jux sorted you out.

Hi Jux! grin

thenamehaschanged Mon 10-Nov-14 23:15:18

Haha thanks! yes spacious and peaceful grin

HenriettaTurkey Mon 10-Nov-14 23:46:57

Ooh it's nice here. Not a Twatchop in sight!

thenamehaschanged Tue 11-Nov-14 00:01:10

Yes Henri, I thought about what I wanted for my new home and not a Twatchop in sight was the first thing - I think it gives a certain something to the ambience grin thanks

NettleTea Tue 11-Nov-14 00:24:08

woohoo onwards to freedom.
Might as well get statement signed and held on file - then you are good to go if he starts any of his funny business. I expect he is hoping the news of his transformation will reach you via BIL, but dont expect the good times to roll for long with him once he realises its all a lost cause.
But happy to see you out the other side
well done you
and three cheers for Rottie

Adarajames Tue 11-Nov-14 02:01:16

If you talk to the PO, sure she'll understand your worries, and can be kept on file if needed later but in further action right now

Off topic - I finally did it! Got the last word in on a thread! grin

AcrossthePond55 Tue 11-Nov-14 02:11:00

Ooooh! I DO love what you've done with the place! I just can't put my finger on exactly what the difference is! <Sniff, sniff, sniff> Of COURSE, I know now! No stinky old Twatchops cluttering up the place! Lovely!!

PedantMarina Tue 11-Nov-14 05:51:55

>Wanders in, helps herself to a big drink, chooses items for her Mongolian barbeque<

Right, while I'm waiting for my stir fry to be done, congratulations on fred 5! And I love what you've done with the place! I will indeed hit that make&your-own-sundae bar later.

And echo what others have said: there's every chance twatchops will get nasty in the near future. So don't let that police report get too buried, and do look after yourself in general. Are you still talking to WA people? They've seen it all, and then some. Perhaps they'll be able to help you predict an upcoming bump (for instance, another bit of paper/deadline setting him off).

>settles down to her prawns & noodles<

Why yes, please, I would love a foot massage, young man.

OvertiredandConfused Tue 11-Nov-14 07:04:25

Found you smile

Keep going name, you're doing fab!

Ilovefluffysheep Tue 11-Nov-14 07:25:26

Love the new thread name!

FunkyBoldRibena Tue 11-Nov-14 07:32:38

Can you imagine the look on his face though? Not only did she go to the police, but they thought it was serious enough to come and see me?

Such a side swipe. A beautiful side swipe.

Clutterbugsmum Tue 11-Nov-14 07:38:45

Got an email from my PO asking me to go in and sign my statement - it's panicked me a bit because as H is being completely compliant at the moment, I don't want any police involvement for the time being. I just want my statement kept on file so that if anything happens it can be used, same as my other statement from a year ago.

I think if the police went and spoke to H now it would undo a lot of good work me and Rottie have achieved.

Please remember YOUR EX isn't being compliant. He is just playing more games because he does not believe for one moment that you will divorce him. He firmly believes that within 6 mths YOU will being back together doing as HE wants as you have always done before.

40somethingwonderful Tue 11-Nov-14 07:43:02

Love the new title.

I agree with clutterbugsmum, he is just playing more games, he will look for any sign from your DD's and BIL that there is a chance of you getting back together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now