Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dh doesnt want to do anything fun anymore

(7 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:04:13

seems just lately all dh wants to do is veg out on the sofa but i want to do stuff. really wanted to go out at wknd but instead we stayed in both days and dd got fed up and misbehaved. when were at home he just wants me to lay down and watch movies with him. were discussing xmas atm as we have big family and seems he wants to do minimum possible. urgh. he works full time and im pg so not fun sad

Joysmum Mon 10-Nov-14 21:07:03

Get on and do what you want and give him the option to go.

bellarations Mon 10-Nov-14 21:09:30

I agree with joy, he has changed, not you, you say. You want to do stuff. Then do it and give him the option of yay or nay, after a few fabulous outings he will see what he is missing.

Quitelikely Mon 10-Nov-14 21:27:08

Depression maybe? Lack of finances to do things? Is this a sudden change?

fluffyraggies Mon 10-Nov-14 21:35:32

Does he do a physical job all week?

My DH has to have a bit of downtime physically at the weekend otherwise he gets literally exhausted, full of aches and pains and very cranky. He does a very tough physical job all week so it's something i have to suck up to an extent.

daisydee43 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:42:35

yes has physical job and know he works v hard. he uses to stuffer with depression so hope not returning. think money is bit of worry atm but then he was happy to spend a fortune on something he enjoys which is cooking

Guitargirl Mon 10-Nov-14 21:45:44

Maybe he's just going through a bit of a phase of wanting to hibernate for a while. Darker nights, chillier weather does affect some people like that. And if he's still enjoying cooking, at least he's doing something he enjoys which doesn't suggest depression.

Don't let his desire to hibernate affect what YOU do though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now