Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

daughters dad never fails to let her down

(4 Posts)
vodkanchocolate Sun 09-Nov-14 13:05:55

Hi, I posted a while back in regards to really nagging my ex to see daughter, she sees his parents and other family members regually though. This week he had invited her to come stay with him and his gf and her children in their new house (they have lived there a few weeks but this is first time he had thought about having her around)

She went on Friday after school he actually picked her up which was great its not often he does, so me and my husband were going on a very rare night out with friends that night we went into a club and guess who was there? ex and his gf having tried a few times to get it out of him where my daughter was he eventually told me she was at his gfs mums with her 2 children. I was fucking fuming it ruined my night and then his gf accused me of ruinning their night.

Its not the first time hes dumped her somewhere its usually his mums or his sisters which is not ok but at least I know shes safe. They have made me feel like im been totally unreasonable by been annoyed by this. Hes dropping her off later and I want to have it out with him but dont want to cause a scene.

I know they went out yesterday with her as seen the pics on fb but if he knew he was going out Friday night why even offer to have her??

Quitelikely Sun 09-Nov-14 13:18:18

I could be wrong here but as long as he is picking her up and not putting her at risk then IMO it's up to him what he does with dd in his time.

He obviously knows this woman and trusts her.

I would just not interfere in what he does with your dd in his time. Yes it grates that he isn't being the doting father but it is what it is.

Joysmum Sun 09-Nov-14 17:24:24

I totally agree with you. Fucking disgusting that he doesn't want to spend time with her, then gets her hopes up and drops her with a sitter sad

PlantsAndFlowers Sun 09-Nov-14 17:28:19

I can totally see why you are annoyed by this, but what can you say really? If your DDs safe then he can do as he likes when she's with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now