Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

ExP has moved on

(6 Posts)
wellthisiscrap Sun 09-Nov-14 01:38:01

ExP and I split up for good 3 weeks ago and haven't seen each other since. He's moved 30 miles away and the relationship is definitely over this time. We were together for six years and engaged when the problems became too much and although I'm getting on with it I'm still hurting.

I found out he slept with someone on Friday. I was on a mutual friends Facebook profile and there was an open discussion on there hinting to what happened. I haven't moved on at all and it really hurt that all of our life spent raising our two DD's together meant so little. He hasn't seen our DD's in those 3 weeks either hmm

How do I not feel so hurt? When will this stop? I feel pretty desperate and there's nobody I can talk to who doesn't say that I'm better off without him. I know I am but the pain is still there.

wellthisiscrap Sun 09-Nov-14 01:38:56

Just to say, I've blocked his profile now so if he says anything in future I can't see it. Thinking of deleting social media entirely right now hmm

Notmeagain1 Sun 09-Nov-14 02:16:14

So sorry you are going through this. It takes time to get over the hurt. You will be ok, just give it the time you need.

Be there for your dds as they are not understanding what happened. Sounds as if you are better off without him. Have a good cry and pull yourself up by the boot straps and keep on.

You are a strong woman and can get through this. Take care of yourself, your dds need you now more than ever. Best be wishes.flowers

Crushed2914 Sun 09-Nov-14 07:26:15

I know exactly how you feel, it really really hurts. I have no real words of advice as I'm going through it too, but wanted to offer support. Do deactivate your Facebook for a while, I've done it, although I sometimes use someone else's account to be nosy. I know when I do look it makes me worse so trying to resist the urge. Currently trying my best to concentrate on looking after our 10 week old DD, didn't think I'd end up doing it alone sad
thanks

ShouldISellTheHouse Sun 09-Nov-14 07:53:37

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. But look how pathetic he is, needing to shag around to validate himself. She won't be anyone special, who would take up with bloke who left his partner and child 3 weeks ago - who hasn't even had the decency to see the child. I know it hurts but at least you have your self respect. At least you can say you put your child first. How to cope? Get angry, he's a selfish inadequate prick. thanks

Quitelikely Sun 09-Nov-14 07:54:16

Why hasn't he seen the girls OP?

Whatever you do, don't let him shirk his responsibilities towards the dc.

And tbh sometimes when a long term relationship ends it's common for folk to seek fun and thrills which is what your ex has done.

Onwards and upwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now