Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Claire's Law

(4 Posts)
melb14 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:56:26

Hi...has anyone used Claire's Law, and have you any useful advice/experience to offer? I was told I'd get a call back within 48 hours after my initial call, and it hasn't happened; just want to know what to expect as it took some gumption to make the call in the first place. Thanks, you lot. smile

lucjam Sat 08-Nov-14 20:27:01

Sorry no advice, hope you get an answer soon. From what I read you have to go to see someone in person: MET police website but maybe it differs from force to force. Good luck hope it all works out for you and that someone with more knowledge comes along soon. Take care.

melb14 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:03:51

Thanks, lucjam - fortunately not in Met area. Called them again yesterday and after 15 mins on hold finally spoke to someone who make some checks and apparently it can take not 48 hours but up to 3 weeks for them to call me for the info they need to do the check. Then another 30 days for the results to come back. Blimey. Sppeeeeddeeee. Oh, well. Carrying on regardless. Better we know how long it will take than we don't...

AnyFucker Tue 11-Nov-14 23:05:02

What is it you are "carrying on regardless" ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now