Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need some advice for relative...not married, child support/access

(3 Posts)
Queenofwands Fri 07-Nov-14 16:26:58

A relative is in a bad situation. Ex p well off but has left and now not paying for children, rent etc. She now has no money and he has sent letter saying he will take her to court for full access. What can she do? He is a bully and she looks like she is having a breakdown.

flapjackattack Fri 07-Nov-14 17:22:22

The relative needs legal advice. She is obviously finding this situation very stressful, are you in a position to support seeing/ contacting a solicitor at this point.

How old are the DC? Are they old enough to input to what they want?

'Full access' does this mean sole custody? The simple answer is that is unlikely given the 'D'P hasn't shown a responsible attitude so far (not paying, leaving their primary carer vulnerable).

Are they married? Is he named on their birth certificates?

Diagonally Fri 07-Nov-14 17:52:47

Is she claiming all the benefits she can, and has she put in a claim for child maintenance?

Also is the letter from him, or from a solicitor?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: