Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do ?

(4 Posts)
Inlimbo1982 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:04:09

I have a sister who constantly finds any reason to have a pop at me and my husband. Complaining about something that you've done but then never gives anything back in return or hardly ever nice .
I've had enough. Would it be reasonable to just say to myself enough enough and quit seeing her/ speaking anymore . She has kids my nieces , and it would probably spoil that but I can't take anymore of her bitterness towards us . If anything good happens to us she digs.

Drumdrum60 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:06:09

She's jealous or not very nice. She isn't happy do you know why?

hellsbellsmelons Fri 07-Nov-14 15:14:32

Would you have kept a 'friend' who behaved like this in your life?
To be mean to you and bring you down?
No you would not!
Same goes in this situation.
Just stop contacting her. Stop replying. She'll soon get the message.
Sorry you have such an awful sister. I can't imagine what that must be like.
Life's too short to put up with this kind of crap.

captainmummy Fri 07-Nov-14 15:24:13

<Second time I've written this today> I am NC with my sister, have been for 5 years. (and my Father, btw - 23 years) She has 3 dc, who I do see occasionally (they live about 150 miles away) and I send them money etc for birthdays. She doesn't bother with my dc.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now