Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Whats with these comments?

(33 Posts)
moonshine123 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:07:23

Ok, I have posted before about the lack of trust in my marriage in that my H I believe does not trust me.
He accused me of having an affair in the Summer with with a male collegue, which there is no truth in. He feels a man and woman can not be friends.
He smokes a lot of cannabis daily and does not work, I support our whole household in every way.
I have been treating myself to new clothes for work and he has been saying " you look nice, almost like you are heading out rather than work", or in the mornings, " are you sure its work you are going to" making a joke out of it.
TBH I am tired of this marriage now, I feel like im moving on and he isn't, maybe it is me taking things the wrong way x

Vivacia Thu 06-Nov-14 22:08:31

Just a complete mystery I guess. Nothing you can do about it.

FeckTheMagicDragon Thu 06-Nov-14 22:09:52

erm, what is he contributing to this marriage? Does he make you happy? Does he support you? Make you laugh?

Or is he a dope smoking, possessive, cock lodger?

You only have one life.

RandomMess Thu 06-Nov-14 22:12:49

What Feck says...

Coffeeinapapercup Thu 06-Nov-14 22:15:57

Cannabis induces paranoia

moonshine123 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:17:27

You know what you are probably right. I am so passive, and a complete door mat and I always have been more interested in keeping others happy rather than myself.

Suddenly I have been feeling very independent and I have realised I can do all the things I need to do alone, including the mortgage, expenses and keeping our daughter.

He is very good with our daughter though, which is one very good positive x

duckwalk Thu 06-Nov-14 22:19:34

I haven't read any of your previous threads but it does sound as though he still doesn't trust you.
I think you both need to sit down and have a good heart to heart about it all... ask why he still feels this way, as without trust it can't work. Do you want it to work?
Bringing up sharing household duties.... that can come later, as the other issues have to be dealt with first

tiredvommachine Thu 06-Nov-14 22:21:48

Very good with your daughter but smokes cannabis every day? Are you being serious?

BitOutOfPractice Thu 06-Nov-14 22:26:36

Who pays for this weed?

moonshine123 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:39:21

He pays for his own, I would never waste my hard earned cash on drugs, BUT had could and should be giving us the money he spends x

colafrosties Thu 06-Nov-14 22:42:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moonshine123 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:44:21

He will do the odd job for people handy person work etc, just nothing reliable or permanent x

RandomMess Thu 06-Nov-14 22:50:55

So what does he do most days then, sit and smoke???

AnyFucker Thu 06-Nov-14 22:54:26

You do fund the cannabis though, because you pay for the household to keep running which of course benefits him

LineRunner Thu 06-Nov-14 22:58:22

Does he:

Act as your daughter's primary carer?
Do all the cleaning and laundry?
Shop and cook?
Make you laugh and feel loved?
Sort out appointments and school/nursery stuff?

moonshine123 Thu 06-Nov-14 23:00:53

We share the caring, I do shopping, laundry and cleaning and organise school events and appointments etc. he can be loving but equally he can be very moody and childish x

colafrosties Thu 06-Nov-14 23:02:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunkyBoldRibena Thu 06-Nov-14 23:03:10

What is the point of him?

AnyFucker Thu 06-Nov-14 23:06:43

He is a Loser

That is all

tiredvommachine Thu 06-Nov-14 23:09:22

You appear to be in denial about the drug use around your daughter. You are unbelievable OP.

LineRunner Thu 06-Nov-14 23:21:15

I fear he has no real purpose other than to drag you down and your daughter too. This isn't a SAHP having a few tokes.

YouAreMyRain Thu 06-Nov-14 23:23:48

And you are with him because...?

ladyblablah Thu 06-Nov-14 23:30:09

Go with your new found 'freedom' feeling.

He is pointless

BitOutOfPractice Fri 07-Nov-14 06:42:02

I bet if you kick him utthe only thing you'll notice different will be a sense of profound relief!

Are you really happy with a stoned no mark looking after your DD? I wouldn't be!

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 07-Nov-14 07:01:48

I was going to suggest his thoughts are due to cannabis induced paranoia.

Why have you been and continue to give this man any headspace at all?.
I doubt very much that he is actually any good with your DD at all because
he has The Loser written all over him.

What are you teaching your DD about relationships here?.

All this man is currently doing is dragging both you and your DD down with him. If your DD ended up with a man similar to her dad in future years, how would you feel about that?.

I also suggest you read up on co-dependency within relationships too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now