Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feeling angry and sad

(3 Posts)
chocoraisin Thu 06-Nov-14 20:47:52

XH hasn't seen the DC for weeks because his DW is due to have a baby this weekend. Fine, ok, I don't agree with that... but, whatever. He is meant to have them in 2 weeks time, but will cancel if DW (OW) goes overdue. Again, whatever.

He actually refused contact 2 weeks ago because it would be helpful to me (I was going to a wedding) not because he couldn't have them. So he is still a prize twat (for those who remember me).

Anyway I'm angry today because he skyped the DC (4 and 2) and mentioned he's driving a 6 hour round trip tomorrow to get XPIL for a visit. He's meant to have the kids tomorrow - normal contact - and has flat refused to see them because it's due date. But he can get in a car and drive 3.5 hours away from his DW instead? To get the XFIL who was abusive to me after I had our DC (EA). Lucky new wife... hmm

Feel like screaming at the useless twunt but I know it's pointless and a waste of energy. My DC deserve better.

Help me detach and care less, please?

springydaffs Thu 06-Nov-14 22:21:01

I don't have anything useful to say except what a wanker. Really, do you want your kids to have a role model like this? There are times when I genuinely believe no relationship is better than one like this. I'm sorry you're still being dragged over the coals by this total shit.

chocoraisin Sun 09-Nov-14 21:39:06

thanks daffs

I'm over the anger, just plodding along wrt twunt. I don't want them to have a role model like this, no. Not at all sad

caring less is just a matter of time I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now