Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Time to move on?

(6 Posts)
tenthirtythree Tue 04-Nov-14 23:12:43

Man here seeking advice. We met through Match in August and usually talk on the phone twice a week plus emails/texts. Have met up four times. Recently she invited me to spend the night at her place.When I arrived I handed her a bunch of flowers and went to give her a peck on the lips. She immediately averted her face so it was a peck on the cheek.
It was separate rooms and she kept well away from me all the time I was at her house.In the morning we had breakfast I thanked her politely and left.
I am totally confused, is it time to move on? I have come out of a long relationship because there was no sex for the last ten years.Getting rejection again is a bit disappointing to say the least.

whenthefatladysings Tue 04-Nov-14 23:56:05

hang on,hang on, you left out the filling. what happened between when you arrived with the flowers until bed time.?

solosolong Wed 05-Nov-14 00:04:23

Why don't you just ask her where she sees the relationship going? To be honest, it doesn't even really sound like a relationship, but, assuming you do still want it to continue, it's best to talk to her. Just bring it up in your next phone conversation and see what she says.

Joysmum Wed 05-Nov-14 07:43:28

Hold on there, you first came into contact each other only 3 months ago and have only met 4 times and now you are considering it not worth pursuing because she didn't put out? shock

Tbh you aren't coming out of your OP well. hmm

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 05-Nov-14 11:20:51

I agree that you have to ask her where she sees this going. I do not agree that interpreting 'stay the night' as a possibility for a sexual encounter after four dates makes you look bad.

It could be that she just sees you as a non-sexual friend and maybe you could remain friends if that's the case but find someone else to have a sexual relationship. Or it could be that she does see you as a potential sexual partner but that she doesn't want to rush the process before she's got to know you better. Then you have to decide if she's worth the wait.

tenthirtythree Thu 06-Nov-14 15:59:29

Thanks for all the comments. I did not go to her home expecting to have sex.That may sound a bit disingenuous from a man! I saw it as an opportunity to get to know her better but maybe at least have a snog.
We went out for a meal and a few drinks but were no closer at the end of the evening, even after a bit of booze.
I agree I need to ask her what was so bad about a peck on the lips and if our friendship is to remain chaste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now