Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My X re Money - Rant needed

(4 Posts)
Blossomflowers Mon 03-Nov-14 14:57:13

It has been nearly a year since X and Split and we have a 14 year old. I am really struggling to sort out some financial support. I have always been the bread winner but due ill health and coping with a break up after 22 year relationship finances are a bit of mess. X has randomly given me money and in the summer we agreed he would give me £300 a month, trouble is it has just not happened, currently owes me £900. Have just asked him if he could pay for DS guitar lessons and he said he would love to but has no money and cheque would bounce. FFS. Those you have commented in previous thread will remember the purchase of a very expensive watch, he has paid £3000 over past few months but can not give me 100 for our DS. Worse still he lied about it said he was not buying after as a silly purchase and suddenly noticed it on his wrist past couple of weeks. He is self employed so CSA will be a waste of time, any suggestions and so pissed off and really screwed financially

dollius Mon 03-Nov-14 15:01:26

Actually CSA might not be a waste of time if you can give examples of, e.g., £3,000 watch. Someone else more knowledgeable will come along I am sure, but this might be an avenue to pursue.

Were you married? If so, you need to get yourself lawyered up and battle armour on.

Blossomflowers Mon 03-Nov-14 15:05:32

Not married dollius. We are on fairly civil terms but this money thing is driving me crazy I have got into such a mess will need to sell house and use little equity to pay debts, this was supposed to be my bloody pension.

Blossomflowers Tue 04-Nov-14 11:25:17

Well asked again for cheque and cannot as it will bounce, so I had to pay. He is so totally crap with money, was always an issue when we were together, not doubt he will find money to go fishing this weekend though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now