Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH's Russian Friend

(10 Posts)
FracturedTeabag Fri 31-Oct-14 10:53:16

I posted this on AIBU but thought relaionships might be a better place.I noticed he had a pouty, big boobed, young, good looking woman from Russia as a friend.

I looked at her profile and found he wished her happy birthday recently.
He also liked a few of her pouty photos on her profile.

I was going to ask him straight out about her but thought it better to ask here first to get perspective.
He's had more than one emotional affair on line in the past with the chat taking place on FB.
Why friend a sexy looking woman from Russia?
He's also v protective of his phone, never leaves it around, wont give the pass code.
Sorry if this all sounds naive, I have ASD and trouble making sense of peoples behaviour at the best of times. Trying to mentally process this stuff is very difficult and stressful for me.

ABitTornAndABitSad Fri 31-Oct-14 10:58:33

Erm...

I'm presuming that there is no way in real life that he could know her? Work, etc?

On it's own, I don't think having her as a friend and wishing her happy birthday is a big crime. I can see why you're unhappy with him liking her pouty photos, but it's what people do on Facebook, I suppose.

Given his history, though, it makes everything cloudier.

So I'd start from the top. Do they have any mutual friends? Is it possible that they actually know each other?

TheJiminyConjecture Fri 31-Oct-14 11:06:30

I would assume that unless he knows her, he is friends with her because he finds her attractive. There are plenty of ladies who have profiles just to bask in the adoration of strangers. The fact that he is shifty with his phone and has a history of EA means that you obviously find it difficult to trust him. Are you happy in the relationship generally?

patronisingbitchinthewardrobe Fri 31-Oct-14 11:10:43

Don't assume the worst as yet, but become a top class spy.

Jan45 Fri 31-Oct-14 11:40:26

Sorry but if he has form he is still displaying that shitty behaviour, you already know.

How many so called EA are you willing to forgive? I'd imagine he's never stopped.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 31-Oct-14 14:21:31

There are some very successful scammers out there who pose as gorgeous young women from Russia, chummy up to gullible, lonely blokes online, and offer all kinds of promises in exchange for transfers of cash. Wonder if it's one of those?

Mammanat222 Fri 31-Oct-14 14:36:24

Never mind the sexy Russian lady, why are you still with a man who has had more than one emotional affair online

Drumdrum60 Fri 31-Oct-14 14:38:47

How on earth do you find a woman like that on FBI? What would you have to search? Meant FB! How odd

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 31-Oct-14 14:59:09

Until I installed a spam filter I used to get all kinds of tempting offers from 'sexy Russian lady looking for fun times!!!!' I expect the same people trawl FOR etc. If this man is already tomcatting around online or IRL he'll be right up for it

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 31-Oct-14 14:59:36

FB not FOR..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now