Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My ex called my lady garden a 'guy'...gay?

(88 Posts)
Nais83 Sun 12-Oct-14 00:00:52

Been wondering a while but my last ex called my lady bits a guy......we were playing in the bedroom and he touched me and said 'hey little guy' ......this was a guy who went to bed with a teddy bear and hot water bottle and told me he peed sitting down....I stayed with him for a year despite him being a workaholic but all this stuff confused hell outta me...any thoughts??

Dirtybadger Sun 12-Oct-14 00:23:03

The only real indicators of homosexuality are same-sex sexual desire and same-sex sexual behaviour, really. In the absence of those I would stick with assuming he isn't homosexual. There are no other "gay" behaviours. I can confirm he sounds a little odd, though.

Peeing sitting down and sleeping with a hot water bottle sound alright to me. I'd sit down to pee regardless of what extras I had. Nice little rest.

Coughle Sun 12-Oct-14 00:25:37

You call it "lady bits," he calls it "little guy." Each to their own.

Bogeyface Sun 12-Oct-14 00:26:08

I wouldnt assume gay but I would think boarding school or mummy issues or both.

Shall we say that this is someone who has not have a healthy emotional childhood and leave it at that? wink

Wrapdress Sun 12-Oct-14 00:52:53

"Guy" in my neck of the woods can mean either man or woman - as in someone can say, "Come on you guys" and it can be a roomful of women. It's gender neutral.

MrBuscuits Sun 12-Oct-14 01:25:45

OP, Guy is a gender neutral term, but the sitting to pee as a guy and teddies (I assume the bears, not the lingerie) shows 'tenancies'... I guess he's not one of the 'straight acting' ones... snoop on him (common MN advice grin) and check his phone in case there's men he's seeing behind your back...

MrBuscuits Sun 12-Oct-14 01:27:23

*Tendancies, stupid auto correct grin

nooka Sun 12-Oct-14 01:36:29

What tendencies does sitting to pee demonstrate? A liking for comfort? Poor balance?

Teddies in bed might be childish, but there was a thread a few days ago about childhood teddies and plenty of people said that they still liked having their favourite ted in bed. IS that only OK because they were mostly women?

I'd assume that liking a hot water bottle meant that they were cold in bed, perhaps because of poor circulation.

If you think that these three factors makes someone obviously gay then you have some pretty weird and probably homophobic ideas.

OldLadyKnowsSomething Sun 12-Oct-14 01:38:21

In My Day the clitoris was sometimes known as the "man in a boat"... Going to bed with a teddy/teddies is unusual, as is sitting down to pee (but how much more hygenic!), but there's nowt wrong with a hot water bottle.

Meh, he's an ex, why do you even care?

minkah Sun 12-Oct-14 01:45:59

You must be kidding. Sitting down to pee is just polite, loads of blokes do it unless in a public urinal.

Teddy stuff.. Who knows, I guess he's in touch with his inner child.

As for 'little guy'... That's a new one on me. Sounds a bit gauche.

Dirtybadger Sun 12-Oct-14 02:01:20

How can someone "act straight", bar fucking someone of the opposite sex in front of their friends and family (and whoever else happens to be around)?

YonicScrewdriver Sun 12-Oct-14 02:33:47

More borderline homophobia, Mr B?

MrBuscuits Sun 12-Oct-14 05:17:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Roonerspism Sun 12-Oct-14 05:32:19

My DH always sits to pee at home. Says it is comfy.

I have never thought anything of it other than delight the seat isn't covered in piss.

off now to look for teddies

magpiegin Sun 12-Oct-14 05:47:54

Having a teddy bear 'is gay behaviour'? Really? I'm guessing Mrsb that as you don't do political correctness that you're experience of homosexuality is what you read in tabloids? What a bizarre thing to say.

magpiegin Sun 12-Oct-14 05:48:56

Sporty- typo. Mrb.

claraschu Sun 12-Oct-14 06:00:38

I make my boys pee sitting down: no sprinkling around the toilet. Peeing standing up is why men's toilets smell the way they do.

DistanceCall Sun 12-Oct-14 06:06:39

Someone has been watching Brideshead Revisited too many times, methinks (i.e. Aloysius, Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear).

LickleMiss Sun 12-Oct-14 06:18:13

Why do you care - hes an ex!!!!!

Anniegetyourgun Sun 12-Oct-14 08:40:00

read the thread title, and switch out of bitch mode for just a second. I don't do the whole political correctness thing

Well that's a surprise hmm

saintlyjimjams Sun 12-Oct-14 08:48:28

Is mrb for real? What a pile of homophobic crap. As for 'and switch out of bitch mode' - may I suggest you fuck off out of mumsnet if it's a little bit too modern for you mrb (pesky women not knowing their place any more).

Sitting down, teddies & hot water bottles are signs of being gay??? WTAF? I suppose you think all the gays are making it rain as well. I've honestly heard it all now.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 12-Oct-14 08:52:08

Not a grown-up, but not gay. Did he live with parents until a late age?

VikingLady Sun 12-Oct-14 08:57:17

DH sits down to pee at night or when he's tired. It saves cleaning when he misses!

He is very definitely straight.

rjay123 Sun 12-Oct-14 08:58:04

I'm a bloke in my twenties and I sit down to pee when I'm at home.

I'm not gay. I don't have homosexual tendencies. I like to be able to play a quick game of candy crush in peace!

VikingLady Sun 12-Oct-14 08:58:05

And he has a hot water bottle in winter. He's tight and it's cheaper than putting the heating on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now