Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it just lack of sleep? (rambling)

(5 Posts)
Unimaginativecow Thu 03-Apr-14 20:15:32

DS2 is 11 weeks old and has been feeding every two hours day and night since Monday. I EBF and am nearly at breaking point. Last night I had a pain in my neck and through today the pains gotten worse. I've been crying when I've lifted DS2 because of the pain.

H has known about pain, known I am tired and struggling with the DC and ignored me all day. He works nine till five but usually comes home lunch time and rings/texts frequently. He has form for ignoring me when I feel sick/tired. Basically I don't feel I can rely on him and I don't want to be married to someone who is only wants the good bits.

Am I over thinking things because I'm tired and feel shite? I'm going to my parents for a week with the DC to get away from him but Is it so wrong to expect some support? I know it's so petty and people have it worse than me.

SharonCurley Thu 03-Apr-14 20:19:00

It's not petty.I think you are right.Go where you are supported.I am further down the line.Similar behaviour and absolute wreck because of it.Seeing a counsellor now who had made me see that my needs are important and should be met.

Unimaginativecow Thu 03-Apr-14 20:34:28

Thank you for replying. I'm just so sick of it. It's the same argument with the same words and nothing changes. I don't know how to make it better. I don't see why I should make it better.

SharonCurley Sat 05-Apr-14 21:56:46

Just checking in on you to see how you are doing?what my counsellor had made me see is that I cannot and will not change his behaviour-can only change how I react to it.My reactions have been moaning whining and crying because I am very very tired.I have done all night feeds for 11 months and all childcare and housework during the week.I don't feel like me anymore.My needs were completely brushed aside.Currently working on making myself a stronger person.If I had somewhere to go where I felt I would be supported I would be gone.Your needs and the dcs needs are priority right now.Counsellor has also suggested couples therapy.I never expected things would be as they are now.Its quite sad when you are in a vulnerable position with new baby and just want the happy little family you dreamed of.argh makes me soo mad

SharonCurley Sat 05-Apr-14 21:58:46

Oh and don't get in that frame of mind where you think oh it could've worse-he could be down the pub.your needs are not being met.That matters very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now