Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

People and MLC

(2 Posts)
babycow38 Tue 01-Apr-14 21:09:03

I am on the receiving end of my EXH MLC,, 42 ,he spent most of 2013 reinventing himself, madly excersing,going clubbing with single friends,watching The Inbweteeners and identifying (hmm) ,detatching,hating family life, we were together 17 years and have two DD 16 and 11. I left after finding out about his hotel romps with skanky OW in Nov13 , just wanted to ask...do you think they ever come out of the "i want to be 18 again" or do they carry this on, I do not want him back but his behaviour is appalling to our DD, he sees them when it fits around his teenage social life.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Wed 02-Apr-14 07:52:49

STBXH has done some of this - mainly the "I want to be single and free and 18 again with no responsibilities like DCs" attitude. He's now with OW who appears to be happy to saunter off and dump her preteen DCs on others whenever the mood takes them. I guess he's found someone with a similar "Peter Pan" thing going and similar parenting style of "ignore DCs whenever possible." hmm No, I suspect he will not come out of it any time soon. Why should he, when he has no consequences to speak of? To STBXH, the loss of his family just meant loss of the responsibility that he hated anyway. I imagine in his opinion, it's win-win. Prat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now