Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm not sure what has happened with this friendship

(4 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Tue 01-Apr-14 10:07:17

I've known B for about 6 years through mutual friends. We were friendly enough with eachother to attend one another's weddings.

She had her first child within weeks of me having my second and it was then that we spent a lot of time together, and I feel bonded in a way we previously hadn't.

She returned to work so we started seeing eachother less - maybe once every 6w.

Anyway, as things transpired we've been unable to meet for about 4 months. One thing or another, the usual stuff (work commitments, poorly children).

I've learned from mutual friends that she is 30w pregnant. I was stunned. Really shocked and upset that she hadn't told me this wonderful news. Upset that I haven't been able to share it with her.

She said she wanted to tell me but didn't want to by text. I mean, that's fair ... but am I right in thinking she's just not that into me? Send a card when the baby is born and let her decide when she wants to see us?

I don't want to lose her friendship but I feel like I can't send any more 'let me know when you can meet up' messages. Especially now because my feelings have been hurt.

LovelyJubblies Tue 01-Apr-14 10:25:01

I'd send a card when she has the baby

SJisontheway Tue 01-Apr-14 10:26:37

You're over thinking it. Busy lives mean we don't see as much of some friends as we would like. With good friends we should be able to pick up where we left off. I have certainly had similar scenarios with friends of mine. I really wouldn't take it personally.

MolotovCocktail Tue 01-Apr-14 11:55:04

Okay, that's reassuring. Thank - you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now