Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just seen my counsellor on Tinder...

(8 Posts)
louby44 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:13:09

Oh my goodness! That is so awkward!

I was talking about it last week and he sat there nodding, he knew all about it and let me ramble on.

God it's so embarrassing. blush

mcmooncup Mon 31-Mar-14 19:24:49

He's only human.
And possibly single.
I say possible, because no guarantees on there.

I hate all the shame about online dating: it's only like going to a bar, but sober and so more rational.

JaceyBee Mon 31-Mar-14 19:32:04

I'm a counsellor and I'm on tinder! We are allowed sex lives too you know! wink

If you're worried it will impact on the work then discuss it with him in the next session, there's really no need for it to be an issue

mansize Mon 31-Mar-14 19:38:49

What is it?

louby44 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:11:04

It's an app on your phone that can be for either dating or 'fun'.

Bizzarely if I didn't know him from the counsellor capacity I probably would have 'liked' him!

akaWisey Tue 01-Apr-14 04:51:17

I've been wondering about counsellors/therapists and OD (but not tinder, I don't' really understand it tbh). I'm a therapist and OD myself and don't know who might have seen my profile. But it's a 'clean' one and I don't reveal anything I wouldn't in a RL situation IYSWIM.

Bit odd though if you have that other kind of relationship with the counsellor though, i agree.

OxfordBags Tue 01-Apr-14 09:17:46

Have you considered that he might not have heard of it until you talked about it, and then he went and checked it out?

Ivehearditallnow Tue 01-Apr-14 11:52:29

Go out with him! That wouldn't be at all inappropriate wink x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now