Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sexually frustrated.

(25 Posts)
Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:31:41

Have name changed for this. My husband is a bit of a prude(his words) I am not and enjoy experimenting. But every time I try to do something new (nothing extreme) he won't participate. Today was the worst I tried talking dirty to him during sex and he flopped. I feel so sexually frustrated. We been together ten years and I've tried sitting him down and telling him I'm bored of the same thing over and over again but he won't compromise.

He said he wanted me to be more dominant I want him to be more dominant. But I tried being more dominant just to do something more different he didn't like it. We are a good couple in every other way but he just is not pleasing me sexually. I am a sex addict and sex as a result is very important to me. I hope someone can advise me.

Buckteethjeff Sun 30-Mar-14 13:33:32

A sex addict? How often do you have sex?

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:08

At least every day.

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:29

But I also masturbate.

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:36:33

Just so I don't get called a troll I'm not asking anyone to share their sex stories just after advice.

mammadiggingdeep Sun 30-Mar-14 13:36:50

??? He can't be that bad at it if you have it every day?

Poor bloke is probably exhausted. Sounds like you're sexually incompatible.

Is this a wind up??

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 30-Mar-14 13:37:03

I don't think he can change the way he is. Would he accept an open relationship?

HairyGrotter Sun 30-Mar-14 13:39:13

You need to get help with YOUR problem/addiction. It's not up to him. You are putting it all on him, grow up and face your issues.

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:39:38

I don't want a open relationship.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 30-Mar-14 13:44:12

I'm sorry but you sound fundamentally incompatible. No-one's right and no-one's wrong. You're just very different Isn't that the basic problem here? " A good couple in every other way.... " means nothing at all when there's a mismatch this serious. Have things changed radically since you met or did you marry each other in the full knowledge that he was always going to be vanilla and you were looking for much more?

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:47:44

Cogito I knew we were incompatible sexually yes but I loved him very much and thought I could put up with this. I'm just finding it harder the longer we are together.

To make it clear my husband has no problem with the frequency of sex just with trying anything new.

Fairylea Sun 30-Mar-14 13:49:15

Every day?! That's an awful lot of sex in a long term relationship. (And I say that as someone who used to have sex twice a day for the first year I was with my now dh! - 2 dc later we now manage about 3-4 times a week which is pretty good going I think).

Maybe your dh feels under way too much pressure all round. What happens if you don't initiate sex? How often would he actually want it?

Maybe if you had sex less in general he might be more willing to do more things.. but some people just don't like to be more adventurous. It depends how much emphasis you place on sex in the total relationship.

Abbykins1 Sun 30-Mar-14 13:49:18

How do you know you are a sex addict,is that some sort of clinical diagnosis?

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 13:51:30

No it's not a clinical diagnosis my husband does on occasion say he is too tired or if he is I'll in which case I please myself.

TDada Sun 30-Mar-14 14:25:38

Maybe you should also play some sport/exercise with him. Will help with his physical fitness and help consume some of your energy/frustration?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 30-Mar-14 14:28:31

Oh <facepalm> you thought love would conquer all.... hmm Newsflash. He is who he is. People don't change much. If you married him knowing he was not doing it for you sexually thinking you could put up with it (how charming) you have no more right to expect him to change any more than he can expect you to change.

mcmooncup Sun 30-Mar-14 14:38:53

Why do you think you are a sex addict?

mammadiggingdeep Sun 30-Mar-14 15:34:20

Mooncup, she wants it everyday and if not 'sorts' herself out. It may not be addicted but it's a little out of the ordinary isn't it?

TDada Sun 30-Mar-14 18:00:07

not sure wanting it everyday or even doing it everyday is that abnormal....then again i am a bloke

Rumplestiltskinismyname Sun 30-Mar-14 18:12:48

How do you find the time for everyday sex?!! Anyway... Not sure you can make someone experimental if they just like what they like? Could you just increase/diversify the sec toys you have for sole use, and just enjoy the regular sex for what it is?

AnyFucker Sun 30-Mar-14 18:14:24

< sigh >

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 19:47:32

Thanks rumplestilskin I'll try that smile

Joysmum Sun 30-Mar-14 21:38:21

Sexual experimentation shouldn't be tried before being discussed. It sounds from your OP that this hasn't been the case and your experimentation has been sprung upon him whilst doing the deed and no discussion.

If that's the case, I feel sorry for the bloke. DH and I have sex most days too and like to experiment, but talk about our fantasies and what we might like to try, what we would just like to keep as fantasy, and what does nothing for either one of us! Both of us have things we'd like to try but the other doesn't and it's no big deal because we know each other's likes and love the things we both like.

Frustratedlady Mon 31-Mar-14 01:55:36

Joys mum you make a excellent point I hadn't thought of it like that I shall apologise to my dh.

alice25 Mon 31-Mar-14 02:09:30

Did he use to be more active ? Maybe he has a problem down there ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now