Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am seriously thinking of going on the game. Thoughts / advice?

(122 Posts)
Apocalypto Sat 29-Mar-14 19:04:00

I've always enjoyed sex and I could use the money. Plus the hours are flexible and I'd be working from home.

Any advice?

Holly300 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:09:22

Firstly, my advice is on the assumption that this isn't a joke:

Are you happy with strangers coming in to your home for sex? Do you have kids? (I hope not)! I'm not sure what sort of reaction you're hoping to get from this, but I'm guessing not a great one!

Is there any reason you can't get a regular job?

jenniferlawrence Sat 29-Mar-14 19:10:01

Could you really have sex with ugly, fat, old perverts? I know they might not all be like that but a lot will.

FabULouse Sat 29-Mar-14 19:11:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Meerka Sat 29-Mar-14 19:12:18

Take a good read of Belle du Jour's stuff. She was a courtesan who went into it with her eyes open, knowing what she was doing, for similar reasons and she managed to nagivate the dangers successfully until she chose to leave that line of work. There are some hints there on how to start and find a good agency though she doesn't give a How-To

Make sure you like men and arent in it only for the money.

Make sure you're in a sound place psychologically. So many people are not, it's a desperation measure for them. If you've been abused in the past, just don't. If you are sure of yourself and confident that this is what you want to do, then that's a stronger position.

There will be a lot who disapprove, but personally I believe "anything between genuinely consenting adults". Not going to judge you.

Roshbegosh Sat 29-Mar-14 19:13:11

They will smell and have spots and dandruff. Sweaty old pigs treating you as a piece of meat. How can you think it's worth the money to do that?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 29-Mar-14 19:14:04

Sex 5-10 times a day with guys you don't fancy and who don't respect you?

DoorToDecember Sat 29-Mar-14 19:23:24

I've always enjoyed sex

I don't think you will enjoy the perverted sex you will have with the kind of men who think it is an acceptable thing to pay for women's flesh.

OP, Don't you have any self-respect?

livingatheendofthewall Sat 29-Mar-14 19:31:10

What about doing a chatline instead?

TeaAndALemonTart Sat 29-Mar-14 19:32:55

Yeah go for it. I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Holly300 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:33:21

I take it that you have no moral qualms in taking money for sex from married men with children? Are you happy set that sort if example to your children? I just can't comprehend how you could even contemplate putting your children through that emotional, psychological and physical risk! Don't you want your children to look up to you and know that you would do everything possible to ensure their safety and your own?

Papaluigi Sat 29-Mar-14 19:34:16

I strongly suspect you' re trolling us here right? If you are, lame obvious attempt. Do some research, I think you'll theres easier, safer ways to make money

Treaclepot Sat 29-Mar-14 19:38:47

Prostitutes are 12 times more likely to be murdered
And at least 50% of prostitutes are raped or seriously assulted.

Other than that whats not to enjoy.

WitchWay Sat 29-Mar-14 19:38:51

How would you keep safe? Could you fight off someone who is trying to go too far & hurt you? It will not be like having sex with boyfriends or friends with benefits, even if you can do the dispassionate dissociation thing.

CrystalSkull Sat 29-Mar-14 19:39:47

Here's a suggestion that I've heard: go out to your local pub and have a one night stand with the grottiest, ugliest, fattest man who comes on to you. See if you can make him feel good about himself and if you yourself feel ok the next day. That will give you some idea of whether you could handle going on the game. Also, the SAAFE forum will give you a lot of excellent advice and a pretty good idea of what it's really like day-to-day.

ThePrisonerOfAzkaban Sat 29-Mar-14 19:43:24

I've got a uni mate that does the game on and off, she loves it! She rents a flat out for it and has her own house, she chooses who she sees and only has sex with them once she's met them in a public place and is happy. She only takes new guys on by word of mouth from her friends or clients, admittedly she is very very stunning was a model but thought that world was very seedy and dangerous, she feels safer and more in control this way. She does have one dd as well. Her flat is in a different town to were she lives I think that helps

yourehavingalaugh Sat 29-Mar-14 19:48:45

Why are people referring to the op's home? Surely prostitutes don't take clients back to their own home!!!!

WitchWay Sat 29-Mar-14 19:48:48

Prisoner that sounds like a sensible way to run things

WitchWay Sat 29-Mar-14 19:49:39

laugh yes I think that's what most of them do. Some will use hotels etc or flats like Prisoner's friend

morethanpotatoprints Sat 29-Mar-14 19:50:51

I feel sorry that you feel this is the only way.
I'm not going to judge you neither.

We don't know if OP has dc, whether she was thinking of using her own home, what sort of punters she will accept.
Stop judging and give the poor girl a chance.

Dirtybadger Sat 29-Mar-14 19:51:29

The Police won't be turning up as someone suggested. It's not illegal to accept money for sex. You're not in a brothel.
If you research and decide you will- make sure someone knows (so you'll need to tell a close friend or family) so that they can keep tabs. Text/ring between clients. Your family and friends will all find out eventually so you shouldn't think you'll escape that. It's unlikely.
Call lines and cams are safer areas of the sex industry to go into.
Do you know your sexual boundaries and are you comfortable enforcing them?
Will you work p/t as well? If not, you will have to explain a gap in employment in future. You may also need an accountant and to check out what you need to get sorted if turning self employed- tax returns and that.

morethanpotatoprints Sat 29-Mar-14 19:54:55

Joanna Lumleys character in that fim I forget the title of seemed to be doing well. She only had high class punters.
Pretty woman - Julia Roberts character did ok out of it too. grin

Holly300 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:55:57

According to other threads OP has dcs. I don't mean to judge... I just worry for dcs.

Holly300 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:58:07

WOW! I cannot believe any of you are glamorising this!!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 29-Mar-14 19:59:41

I think morethan's tongue is in her cheek..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now