Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

None of my friends will come out for my birthday.

(7 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Fri 28-Mar-14 18:33:26

Well two will and I invited about 8 of them. This is a bit lame or am I expecting too much?

douchbag Fri 28-Mar-14 18:37:41

I can understand you being disappointed but at least 2 are willing to join you x

Toohardtofindaproperusername Fri 28-Mar-14 19:01:15

Enjoy your birthday and sharing it with the two who can join you rather than focussing on the six who won't be there. Have fun!

myroomisatip Fri 28-Mar-14 19:32:46

I hope you have a lovely day. When is your birthday?

I am kind of lucky in that I am so old lol I am past all the worry about celebrating birthdays. As I child I never had a party. As an adult I had one, organised by a friend (not ever my by [ex] DH). I understand it makes you feel undervalued.

Go out with your two friends and have a lovely time. flowers

Wheresmysocks Fri 28-Mar-14 20:40:44

Op. I feel for you. Hope you had a good birthday. X

superstarheartbreaker Fri 28-Mar-14 21:10:24

I hate birthdays in the same way that I hate bye...makes me evaluate my life. This year I am single and unemployed whereas last year I had a job and was in a relationship. And I molder now too.
Having said that, last year my relationship wasn't great and neither was the job so fresh start. Thanks all. Bday is on Monday, night out= tomorrow.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 28-Mar-14 23:15:42

Happy birthday for Monday. flowers

It's a shame some friends can't make it tomorrow night but hopefully you and the other two will have a good time.

(Now intrigued by how old myroomisatip can be smile I am the 'wrong side' of 50 but still enjoy birthdays just not parties for me!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now