Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

No Labido - Peri Menopause

(9 Posts)
notnotnee Fri 28-Mar-14 13:30:59

Hello all

Can anyone suggest what I can do to get my libido back. I am peri menopausal. Have had no period since September last year. Constant hot flushes which were unbearable but have now been sorted with anti depressants ( don't ask) They are not registered for hot flushes but work instantly.

I now have zero libido. Husband and I have had our problems but never a lack of libido. I am 48 years old and pretty fit so no problems there.

Any suggestions???

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Mar-14 14:24:04

I'm always a little suspicious of 'libido' as a concept. Bit vague and covers a multitude of sins. smile If you're getting hot flashes (and I sympathise, they're horrible) and your body doesn't feel normal, then it might be knocking your confidence, affecting your moods or preventing you from relaxing enough to enjoy sex. Is it a problem more for you or him?

NeoFaust Fri 28-Mar-14 14:28:46

HRT? My aunt went on it, now she looks smug and her husband looks exhausted (but also smug).

apermanentheadache Fri 28-Mar-14 16:17:13

Antidepressants (well, SSRIs like sertraline and citalopram) make me completely dead from the waist down. I never even think about sex when I'm on them. . Are you still on your anti-ds and if so which ones are they?

apermanentheadache Fri 28-Mar-14 16:17:57

It's a very very well-known side effect of new generation Antidepressants.

WitchWay Fri 28-Mar-14 22:30:19

Agree some antidepressants can affect libido as well as sorting out hot flushes. Shame really.

LadyLapsang Fri 28-Mar-14 23:17:23

Why not HRT rather than anti-depressants?

notnotnee Sat 29-Mar-14 21:45:31

Yes. I think i may ask to change to HRT

notnotnee Sat 29-Mar-14 21:49:41

Well its more of a problem for me really as I am not very responsive to him. Its not very nice to feel rejected. I think I will try HRT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now