Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Could I be the rebound?

(4 Posts)
AdminGirl Tue 25-Mar-14 17:07:05

I have been with my Girlfriend for nearly a year, neither of us have children, we don't live together but are planning on moving in with each other later this year or early next year.

When we got together, it was just magical. Intense happy feelings, constant butterflies, amazing.

Lately I have this nagging feeling that she is unhappy, I've asked her and I get the same reply "of course I am, you worry too much".

I spend occasional weekends at her house with her mum and dad, who I get on very well with.

Whenever we kiss now it's always in a jokey way - like over the top canoodling, she'll say something like "Oohhhh baby" while being comically affectionate if that makes sense.

I can't remember the last time we had a good old serious snog!

Sex has also been off the menu for about two weeks (although we only see each other on weekends).

I ask if she's happy and she says of course she is.

So I have tried talking and asking if all is ok and she says it is so do I just stop overthinking or...?

She's booked us into a lovely Spa for our 1 year anniversary and often talks about us moving in together, maybe I am overthinking things. I love her very much and I have been known to get paranoid. I think my insecurities may be grating on her.

She has given me no reason to think she's cheating, she leaves her phone by me all the time, never has a lock on it. Lets me go on it when we are in the car to change the music or go onto Google Maps.

I don't really know what I'm asking, is the kissing thing a bit odd?

AdminGirl Tue 25-Mar-14 17:19:15

Sorry, I didn't finish. Long post I know.

Anyway, she was in a 2 year relationship which ended about 7 months before we met. She had always maintained that she was gonna take some time out from women for a while but met me. She had dated a few girls after she broke up with ex gf. Her ex cheated on her and hurt her lots.

The stories she has told about her ex (prompted by me) sounds like she was very in love with her, and despite the cheating she isn't mean about her, which isn't a bad thing. I don't know. I'm a little distracted as in work so my post probably isn't making much sense

Buckteethjeff Tue 25-Mar-14 17:23:52

Your over thinking things . Relax

newbieman1978 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:33:25

I wouldn't say rebound but from what you say things have changed.

I guess you need to have a good chat with her. Why has sex dried up ? Intimacy seems different . Generally people that don't like together and don't see each other that often are gagging for it when they are together!

How old are you both? Why no real commitment after nearly a year? Ok if you are really young I guess, as age creeps up most folk don't want to hand around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now