Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Second date if not sure?

(7 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 23-Mar-14 18:06:03

I've had a date and he was a nice guy ... More of a grower though as I don't think WOW. Neither do i think 'yuck ' though. Second date do you think?

oldfashionedgirl Sun 23-Mar-14 18:12:10

First date nerves and pressure mean that you might not have seen him at his best.

ThePearShapedToad Sun 23-Mar-14 18:12:15

I've had two bf's where the second I spoke to them I felt "that electric" feeling you read about...

So when I've gone on internet dates and I don't feel that same surging spark, I figure it's just down to us not being 100% right, so don't waste my time or his trying to force it with another date.

Just my experience though... And I'm still alone trying not to die being eaten by Alsatians so I'm probably not the best to get advice from! grin

Go with your instinct

Dahlen Sun 23-Mar-14 18:31:33

Current BF I met through work. I didn't think WOW either. On a works night out one night I talked to him and thought he was a really nice guy and registered he was attractive but can't say he gave me butterflies or anything. Then we kissed. The sexual chemistry after that point has been awesome and hasn't shown any sign of fading.

But unless that spark grows quite quickly I wouldn't continue.

DavidTwattenborough Sun 23-Mar-14 18:44:55

Yes go on a second date, what have you got to lose? He might be a grower as you say. IMHO First dates from internet dating are quite a high-pressure artificial environment, and you can't always expect to get hit by lightning the first time you meet somebody.

Give him a second go, it's not like you're leading him up the garden path just by seeing if something sparks your interest a second time.

bouncyagain Sun 23-Mar-14 20:07:54

I think first dates are when you decide if there is any interest at all. Second dates are where you start to think about could you see yourself in a relationship. I think the big decision is whether you want to have a third date.

Lweji Sun 23-Mar-14 20:16:42

You can stop seeing him any time you want. I'd give it a shot to a second even a third date, as long as everything goes well. By then you've had time to observe a few things as he has probably relaxed enough for you to spot some red flags, but also for you to see if you like the more real him, not the first (even second) date nerves or front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now