Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So hurt....so sick of feeling like this.

(7 Posts)
Only1scoop Sat 22-Mar-14 22:24:46

We are having house decorated. Loads to do so I asked my parents if they would have our dd almost 4 for a few hours tomorrow. They were delighted and even offered to have her overnight (tonight). This is quite a rare occurence....Whilst my Dad was on phone I told my dp that they had offered to have dd overnight and what did he want to do? He said we would drop her off in the morning.

Since having dd almost 4 years ago we have been out as a couple twice.

He works away quite a lot ....adores his job and gets heaps of perks and time off.

As not to drip feed he recently hurt me on my birthday by rushing out on day and producing crap card....much the same for my 40th last year also. This is someone who used to be so thoughtful.

I told him I felt hurt by not taking my parents up on their very rare and generous offer. He just didn't know what to say really.

I feel like doing none of the sorting out tomorrow which needs to be done for decorators again on Monday.

Any bit of enthusiasm I get just seems to get sapped out.

I had a MMC at 17 weeks in December....I feel fragile and sensitive and so constantly hurt by this man on an emotional level.

Sorry it's so very long.

I feel almost ready to call it a day with him. I'm tired of not being listened to. I feel as if we just exist....I feel like the relationship never quite gets going....

JeanSeberg Sat 22-Mar-14 22:30:52

Almost ready? What's stopping you? It sounds bloody miserable.

Only1scoop Sat 22-Mar-14 22:38:34

I think things just tick over....just feel sad quite a bit ....worried about leaving I guess. If things don't improve though I'm gone for sure.

JeanSeberg Sat 22-Mar-14 22:41:19

You could do some 'research' now, get your ducks lined up so you know what's what. So get legal advice, get a handle on all the finances, how much you would be likely to receive, price of local rental market etc etc.

Only1scoop Sat 22-Mar-14 22:45:51

Jean....thanks yes totally ....we are not married but joint owners of house.

If he is not prepared to put in any effort then I'm going to leave.

bebows Sat 22-Mar-14 22:48:50

How about sitting down and having a full and frank discussion with him about how you are feeling. Presumably as you are still making babies with him you love him enough to work at the relationship. We don't just stay with our partners while the going is good then just walk out when things aren't perfect. Marriage is a lot of talking and hard work

Only1scoop Sat 22-Mar-14 22:54:14

I've had two long and very emotive discussions with him recently. He agreed we need to make time for us. Think that is why I felt hurt when my parents offered today and he didn't take them up on offer.

All sounds quite trivial but he has hurt my feelings of late.

I've put in so much to try and work at this, but feel its all in vein really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now