Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will I fall in love again?

(9 Posts)
dontcallmehon22 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:27:59

I recently had a short, but very intense and passionate relationship end. I am devastated. I really, truly loved him and still do. Even when he dumped me, he still said he loved me. I am utterly heartbroken.

I do want a relationship again at some point, but I just can't imagine ever feeling this way again. And I miss him, so so much. How long will this grief last? And will I love and be loved again? Right now I just don't believe it.

taratamara Sat 22-Mar-14 16:54:50

why did he end it if he still loved you? confused
but sorry you're in this situation, it's difficult when a relationship ends but of course you'll have another

Wishyouwould Sat 22-Mar-14 17:18:04

I feel the same OP. My 14 year marriage (22 year relationship) ended over a year ago. I had a 2 year relationship before that. I just can't imagine who would be interested in a 45 year old with 2 DC.

How old are you? It does take time to get over heartbreak. Think about yourself and have some time on your own. None of us know what's round the corner so concentrate on being happy in your own skin, have fun with friends, fill your time with things you love to do, etc. Be kind to yourself x

Wrapdress Sat 22-Mar-14 17:29:34

It helps me to think back to other men I was in love with where it didn't work out and I was heartbroken - but, of course, eventually got over. I think, "Why was I so traumatized for so long?" He was just a man and there are more of them.

yorkielass1 Sat 22-Mar-14 17:41:39

Of course you don't believe it at the moment , it's too raw. But believe me you will love again. It happened to me, then I met the love of my life. We're still married, 41 years and counting!

withextradinosaurs Sat 22-Mar-14 18:35:09

It is a bit of a cliche, but time really does heal.

lemonbabe Sat 22-Mar-14 22:23:45

Well given the world population of 7 billion, and the fact that you probably don't resemble the hunchback of notre dame, I'd say the chances of you meeting someone and falling in love are pretty strong :-)

I kinda feel a bit like that at the mo too, BUT, deep down I know that the next one will be bigger and better - or just better blush.

It's so difficult in the beginning, when things have just finished, but the fact that it did finish shows that the relationship did have its flaws. Why not give the chance for something better to come along ?

dontcallmehon22 Sun 23-Mar-14 23:11:17

He said we just didn't work.I'm 33 with dc. He has no kids. He just liked my profile on a dating app. What's he playing at?!

lesbican Mon 24-Mar-14 10:48:37

I always try and think back to when I was last happy in a relationship then getting over it when it ended. The best thing to do right now is spend time with friends and try to have fun.

The fact he said he still loves you and is liking your profile seems very strange and very unfair.

What was his reason for ending the relationship?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now