Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

if someone asked you 'what makes you feel loved'..

(5 Posts)
lowra Sat 22-Mar-14 08:46:39

Would you be able to answer?

I just asked dp and he said he didn't know what the question meant. I am just so fed up of living with someone so emotionally 'not there'.

SpecialAgentFreyPie Sat 22-Mar-14 08:50:21

I asked DH and he said it's when I 'just know' his day has been horrid, so I make him his cuppa, put a blanket around him and rub his feet (I have professional training) don't ask questions and just wait for him to rant. DH is a copper.

Do you and DP not have these small things? The little things are what matter.

morethanpotatoprints Sat 22-Mar-14 08:59:10

Yes, the little things. making life easier when they don't have to, or it isn't expected.
going out of your way for somebody, being vocal and meaning compliments.
Being spontaneous, the odd bunch of flowers, even when you haven't done anything wrong or broken anything grin
Considering what you can do for somebody without expecting something back.

CrystalBeth Sat 22-Mar-14 11:10:33

By my DP or by people in general?

By DP it's a combination of the little things she does (spooning me at night and whispering she loves me in my ear, bringing me breakfast in bed, buying me flowers), the fact that she completely stands by me and supports me in all major events in life. Also I suppose just the way she looks at me and kisses me <soppy git>

oldfashionedgirl Sat 22-Mar-14 11:22:46

I was thinking of ordering a book on love languages as it looked interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now