Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

EX has accused me of stealing money from him.....again. So sick of it!

(7 Posts)
Amicus1966 Fri 21-Mar-14 14:41:31

Being in the same house as EX is a complete nightmare. He has gone from doing very little re DCs and housework since we split, to doing absolutely nothing. No help with bedtimes, mornings, anything that could possibly be viewed as a'help' to me IYSWIM.
Now to top it all he has just stormed out of the house after accusing me of stealing £45 off him out if his money drawer. He said he assumed I had taken it. I replied that he assumed bloody wrong and that he must have counted wrong or spent it himself and conveniently forgot (as has happened in the past). He just stormed out muttering something about how the fairies must have taken it then.
I sometimes feel he could actually be doing this on purpose, along with the lack of help with the DCs, just to bloody wind me up.
Sorry, just needed to rant.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 21-Mar-14 14:58:05

When is he planning to move out?
I know just how awful it is living with an ex.
It's so unhealthy.

Make sure you aren't doing anything for him either.
No cooking, shopping, washing, cleaning etc.....

You need him out as soon as possible. Then he will access to the DC and will have to take responsibility on his access days etc...

I really hope you get rid soon.

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Fri 21-Mar-14 15:00:49

It's not 'helping' by doing stuff with the kids, that's just being a parent. I just don't get that attitude. If he doesn't want to be a parent any more then why doesn't he fuck off?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 21-Mar-14 15:11:23

The git that keeps on giving.

Sorry OP how you must wish for your own space with DCs away from ex.

Amicus1966 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:01:28

Yes it's a PITA. Can't afford to move till the houses sold. Tried the'lets be reasonable about this' split but he refuses to co operate so every little thing is a slow wheel turning.
As for the not cooking etc for himshock that went down like a cup if sick. He stomps ground the kitchen banging cupboard doors searching for something to eat tutting and sighing loudly as though he expects me to jump up and supply him with steak and chips ffs.
The money issue is really pissing me off though. One if the main reasons for the split was the fact that I couldn't put up with him making me and the DCs feel like leeches, sucking him dry any longer. He keeps leaving the odd £20 lying round here and there almost as though he's trying to catch me out . I just ignore it and leave it where it is but it really is pissing me off now.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 21-Mar-14 16:11:06

Very difficult when one parent will not follow the rules and keeps up a hostile barrage. I do think a big part of it is to wind you up, he acts out and stirs up chaos. He can't enjoy living that way, everyone loses.

Nomama Fri 21-Mar-14 18:49:36

Pick a short phrase and use it, repeatedly.

Piss off
Grow up
Again?
Do you ever stop?
Really?
How amusing...

Well, maybe not. But you could think one very loudly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now