Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What's up wiv me libido?

(13 Posts)
naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 14:47:12

Namechanged for what has the potential to be a TMI subject.

Sooo in the last couple of weeks my sex drive has gone from zero to once or twice a day. I can NOT get enough.

No idea what has happened, sex was sparse before and me and DH have been together for at least 18 years. Two kids, 7 and 5.

Physically its great grin but I worry, you know? Could this be a sign of something else - medical? - or should I just lie back and (not) think of England.

Over to you Mumsnet

[disclaimer - Not a stealth boast, am genuinely a bit perturbed by the shenanigans]

naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 14:48:23

Ohh and FWIW I'm 38, no sign of menopause just yet. DH has had the snip so no worries about any more kids - but that happened years ago.

A mystery! grin

Dahlen Thu 20-Mar-14 14:53:20

Have you stopped using hormonal contraception recently? There's a well-established link between the use of hormonal contraception and diminished libido for some women.

Or maybe you were more worried than you realised about getting pregnant again and now DH has had the snip you're able to relax so much more?

Dahlen Thu 20-Mar-14 14:54:09

Sorry, misread that. Just realised DH had the snip years ago, so neither one of those explanations will be appropriate! blush

Dahlen Thu 20-Mar-14 14:55:48

Has anything else in your life changed recently? Personally, I think desire begins in the head. In order to experience you need to feel like a sexual being. That means being comfortable in your own skin and happy with your life in general.

naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 15:00:39

Thats what really quite a mystery.

Not taken any form of contraception for probably 10 years, snip was was 4 years ago now. Nothing else has changed.

The only thing I can think of is that I have been (quite aggressively for me) going for a promotion recently and I've felt quite bullish about it. DH says its like I've let something go but what that is, I don't know.

Its not been a conscious decision lets put it that way.

Oh.. and it seems like I had no idea what really turned me on before. Now, I seem to be going darker and darker and having really quite strong fantasies about being a sub. But the realisation that it was always a part of me that I had shied away from before. And actually I think if truthful, have lied to myself.

CoteDAzur Thu 20-Mar-14 15:01:15

Could it be because you were inspired by the swinger thread in S&B? grin

naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 15:02:37

But to be clear, I had lots and lots of sex when I was younger, say 17 to 23 and I was very clear about what I wanted and didn't want - but was also pretty broad-minded too, tried most things at least once. Never had any issues with orgasm at all. And even in my drought, no problems when I did do it.

naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 15:03:17

cote grin

But sadly, that one must have slipped me by. grin

springlamb Thu 20-Mar-14 15:06:51

Don't post on here about it, get on with it!
In only a few years they will be teenagers and be up all night with their bat ears flapping and their eyes rolling if you so much as smile at each other and banging on the bedroom door just as you're getting your groove on 'mum I can't get the printer to print my homework and I got to hand it in in the morning...',

Not that I'm a bitter mum of teenagers.

Just accept that you're going through a lovely sexy time and roll with it!

naicesex Thu 20-Mar-14 15:40:21

grin springlamb I take your point.

I'm already listening with ear half cocked.

babyphat Thu 20-Mar-14 20:33:15

Nowt to add apart from JEALOUS!!! envy

wallypops Fri 21-Mar-14 08:47:23

I think its likely to be all that testosterone swishing about with the promotion - but whatever it is go with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now