Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Opinions needed

(9 Posts)
Missfishandchips Sun 16-Mar-14 18:44:41

Hi all,

Please can you give me your opinions?

I was with my exdp for over 5 years and he was emotionally abusive and left for the OW. I've left dating and relationships for the past 20 odd months to focus on me and my DD and we're both really happy now.

So...last weekend I was on a girl's weekend away and met a guy (who it turns out lives about a mile from me). We met up whilst away, exchanged numbers and arranged a date.
We went on the date on Wednesday, all went well and he asked for another one and we agreed on tomorrow (Monday).
He texts me every morning to say 'morning' etc, some days we text lots, others not so much.
I know I'm being silly, but would like other opinions...have had the usual morning text, and he's said he's looking forward to tomorrow.
I sent him a "What are you up to text" at 4pm - he read it after 20 mins (iphone), but still hasn't replied...
Do I send another message asking him 'what time tomorrow' or do I leave it?

I know I sound really, really daft but, I'm clueless and don't want to come accross as needy and some looney waiting by the phone which I clearly am

Lweji Sun 16-Mar-14 19:15:39

So, you didn't agree a time?

Personally, I might confirm it later today or tomorrow, as sometimes there may be missed messages, or he may not have had the opportunity to reply.
If he still doesn't reply, then I'd leave it.

Horsemad Sun 16-Mar-14 19:29:53

Sometimes texts go astray, so text again!

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 19:34:11

Text in the morning to say "Looking forward to tonight, let me know where's good for you to meet and what time."

Quitelikely Sun 16-Mar-14 19:35:43

He's obviously busy maybe having a sleep or visiting family. I wouldn't text him until he replies tbh

HorseyTwinkleToes Sun 16-Mar-14 19:51:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Missfishandchips Sun 16-Mar-14 20:28:24

I've text...he's picking me up tomorrow at half 7 grin

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 20:29:29

Have fun.

mammadiggingdeep Sun 16-Mar-14 20:34:32

Haha...this thread made me smile grin

Good luck...have fun...and update on Tuesday please smile

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now