Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Freedom program

(9 Posts)
newsandreviews Sat 15-Mar-14 17:31:29

Does this program work? Was looking at online version as unable to go to any groups etc. I need to try and get past an unhealthy addiction to a man who was mainly emotionally abusive. Still in love with him but know that I never, never want to go back. However it is only a week since we split and I am major struggling.

Just wondered if it would be any help right now?

Need all the help I can get!!!

LavenderGreen14 Sat 15-Mar-14 17:49:24

Yes I found it invaluable - just take it slowly as it is a lot to process if you are doing it alone.

A week is very early days so be kind to yourself. No contact is the best way I found.

newsandreviews Sat 15-Mar-14 17:57:29

Hi Lavender
I think you posted on my other thread too smile Thanks
Yep deleted all available methods of contact now cause I had been failing on that one.
Think I will sign up for freedom - need some positive focus

LavenderGreen14 Sat 15-Mar-14 19:21:25

well keep talking - either here or to real life friends - you will feel like you are on a rollercoaster in the coming weeks and months, but you can have a better happier future.

Hissy Sat 15-Mar-14 19:36:32

Yes, do the FP online.

But try and do it in RL too! You need to see how common the abusers tactic are.

Invest in yourself, work hard and be determined, and you'll get there.

It'll be the nest thing you can ever do for yourself. No-one everr egrets leaving an abusive arse.

Set yourself a timescale, get through a day, 2 days, 3 days, a week, another week. A week and a day even.

You know the alternative will destroy you.

Logg1e Sat 15-Mar-14 21:24:46

I had a look at the online sample and it just seemed to involve reading the book and then parroting the content back at a series of slides - somebody please put me straight!

dogsnfrogs Sat 15-Mar-14 22:36:43

Am in the same situation as you news, only a few days behind you, and finding it hard too. Nothing useful to offer you yet, sorry, other than a hand to hold as we both learn how to value ourselves. Stay strong. Better days ahead.

newsandreviews Sat 15-Mar-14 23:25:39

i have found how to do it online without paying... which as a lone parent is always a bloody bonus! i signed up and just started.

i would love to attend a group but i work, study full time and ds with school difficulties have zero time for any groups.

Better days ahead defo dogsnfrogs. Will look back in a year or so and think what the fuck were we doing!

newsandreviews Sun 16-Mar-14 07:25:03

Hissy - am going to write your words "you know the alternative will destroy you" in big letters in my journal. It is soooooo spot on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now