Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please advice

(3 Posts)
Vap71 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:49:20

One of my friend's husband said to others(in front of my friend) that he is a loner.if tomorrow they(my friend n their kids) are not there,I won't miss them.
Why would he say that for no reason?
Is it ok for him to say that?
How Should she react to this?
Please advice

KurriKurri Fri 14-Mar-14 15:23:47

It sounds like a very odd thing to say, -although I don't know the context, - does he have form for saying or doing odd things, is he emotionally very detached? It's also a bit attention seeking and controlling 'you need me more than I need you' type of thing.

I would be pretty upset if I had a partner who said something like that - I'd feel I deserved to be with someone who did give a damn about me and the children.

What does your friend think about it?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Mar-14 16:12:43

Why would he say it? Because he's up himself. As the PP says 'I don't need anyone'. If I was your friend my reaction would be.... 'let's test that loner theory out for real shall we? ... close the door on your way out'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now