Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you actually find someone to have an equal relationship with?

(8 Posts)
maturebizy Wed 12-Mar-14 19:26:05

I read the posts...I agree with the he is not an adult answers...but where are the adult men???

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 12-Mar-14 19:44:31

If you mean 'adult' in the sense of being kind, responsible, resourceful, respectful etc there are plenty of them around. Few people post when their relationship is harmonious and constructive but many have that experience.

Benzalkonium Wed 12-Mar-14 20:37:01

Single dads?

Joysmum Wed 12-Mar-14 22:20:37

I think many start out in equal relationships, then things change. So the question is not how to find someone, but how to maintain it.

SylvanMuldoon Thu 13-Mar-14 00:52:20

Have really high standards, expect respect and fuck anyone off who doesn't meet them. After years of abusive and shit relationships I wish I had done this years before I actually did! I take no shit nowadays.

dreamingbohemian Thu 13-Mar-14 01:17:30

You have to be really patient (I didn't find mine til I was 36!) and ditch anyone who doesn't measure up pretty quickly, so they don't take up huge chunks of your life.

Don't waste your time waiting on a man to change. I did, you never get those years back. Better to be single and happy.

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 13-Mar-14 01:39:55

Know your own worth.

Then you'll know what you are looking for when you seek an equal.

Benzalkonium Sun 16-Mar-14 23:02:45

joysmum y
That rings so true

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now