Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

1st date ideas?

(13 Posts)
Bumblebeepie Tue 11-Mar-14 13:01:14

I'm done with the coffee interview stylie.....anyone got any suggestions? Its for Friday night, I'm thinking bowling....but worried it may be a bit 'teenage chav fest" on a Friday night....thoughts/suggestions?

sheriffofnottingham Tue 11-Mar-14 13:08:09

Do you live near a boating lake? I took a guy on a date on a pedalo in hyde park and made us both pirate hats out of pages of the financial times, plus get a couple of bottles of beer and hide them (you're not allowed to drink on the water), makes you feel like you're living on the edge!

The date was great, sadly the guy was boring and thought this was the most daring thing he'd ever done.

Bumblebeepie Tue 11-Mar-14 13:12:34

grin that is brilliant Sheriff! Sadly....no boating lake near me open on an evening....but will definitely bear in mind for future!

Keepithidden Tue 11-Mar-14 13:18:17

When I was 13/14 I took my then GF to a date at Laserquest, I don't know if it's still around but she loved it!

Unfortunately she was pretty handy with a gun and completely trounced my rather pathetic scores...

HotDAMNlifeisgood Tue 11-Mar-14 13:57:02

any shared interests you could base the date on? Activities are always good for first dates: gives you something to do when you don't yet know how comfortable you are just hanging around each other.

Even if it's just a passing fancy to visit a particular pub/art gallery/... that you're both curious about?

Notthecleverest Tue 11-Mar-14 14:00:27

Aquarium!

tonyblairsreallygoodlegsnbutt Tue 11-Mar-14 14:05:09

I'd go on a date with Sheriff! grin
Yes definitely agree about art gallery, particularly modern art, gig, zoo, comedy night... definitely not cinema!

LittleIllusionMachine Tue 11-Mar-14 14:11:13

An activity that takes the pressure off of the conversation is good, but no cinema!

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Tue 11-Mar-14 15:33:57

Sherrif that is def on my to-do list for this summer!

I actually don't like activity dates for first dates, I don't want to distract from the conversation surely that's the whole point of meeting someone to get to talk to each other and see if you get on!

lesbican Tue 11-Mar-14 15:45:18

I always think a few drinks is the best idea, maybe go to a quiz night in a local pub? That could be fun and definitely an ice breaker.

Bumblebeepie Wed 12-Mar-14 11:16:40

thanks everyone. ...went with bowling which he seems well up for. At least I can cop an eyeful when he takes his turn wink

sealift Wed 12-Mar-14 11:25:05

I know a cracking owl sanctuary...

tonyblairsreallygoodlegsnbutt Wed 12-Mar-14 12:00:20

Spice museum?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now