Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Loneliness

(10 Posts)
Boredinchippenham Tue 11-Mar-14 12:45:47

I live in Chippenham with 3 year old and 8 month old,husband works away 3 months then back three weeks. I haven't seen anyone or spoken to anyone who isn't a child in tree weeks, does ant one understand the desperate feelings of loneliness I feel ?

Twitterqueen Tue 11-Mar-14 12:51:38

yes OP, not completely because I had neighbours around me. But I do think loneliness is terrible and it can hit at any age - in your circumstances it must be very stressful.

Can you join a mother / toddler group? Look in your local paper for any possible events or clubs where you would be welcome?

You have friends here thanks

Boredinchippenham Tue 11-Mar-14 12:53:35

Thanks! Your kind words make me cry,I try to get out but most groups have melded already and I feel like an outsider

Loopylouu Tue 11-Mar-14 13:07:13

I was like you when in my first marriage. My ex worked in the middle east and was only back one/two weekends a month. It was just me and ds, I never used to speak to anyone. It is incredibly lonely.

I am still like that now, only current dh doesn't work away (but is always tired after work, so just wants to do his own thing and relax). ds is now nearly secondary age so I don't really come into contact with other parents now, it is really hard. I can't remember the last time I spoke to anyone who wasn't dh or ds.

Boredinchippenham Tue 11-Mar-14 13:12:12

How do you manage sometimes I feel like running away!

Loopylouu Tue 11-Mar-14 13:16:03

Yes, me too! I wont lie, in my first marriage, it really affected my mental health. I lived very rurally and didn't have a car, which made the situation a million times worse. ex was also finically abusive which really didn't help things.

I am pregnant again, due in 2 weeks and I am already worried about being isolated again.

Loopylouu Tue 11-Mar-14 13:17:15

I have found mumsnet over the past 8 years or so a real help!

Boredinchippenham Tue 11-Mar-14 13:31:05

That's great , I'm sure the baby will bring you happiness I ground the second one much easier than first one!
Hope you are not lonely again, the only problem with going out is spending money! It gets expensive to leave the house. smile

BeforeAndAfter Tue 11-Mar-14 13:34:45

OP

Have you looked at the MeetUp website? It's a great way for meeting people locally. Unlike cliquey friendship groups everyone at a meetup event has been in your shoes and are very welcoming.

Boredinchippenham Tue 11-Mar-14 13:36:41

No I will check it out thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now