Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I just go for it?

(4 Posts)
sheriffofnottingham Tue 11-Mar-14 12:39:58

My boyfriend and I have been together 6 months, we would both rather crawl across hot coals than talk about feelings. As a bit of background, before we got together we used to go out together 3 - 5 nights a week for a well over a year, clearly besotted with each other but both of us too emotionally stunted to say anything, it was getting ridiculous. Finally had a LOT of beer one night and got together - brilliant!

I want to tell him I love him, because I do, he's awesome. We have endless text exchanges along the lines of 'you're lovely', 'I love that thing you do' etc, but I actually want to look him in the eye and tell him that I love him. I have absolutely no doubt at all that he feels the same.

How do I do it?! Just come out with it? drop it mid sentence? shout it from the car window as I'm driving away? help!

Keepithidden Tue 11-Mar-14 13:06:31

If you have no doubt he feels the same then do it when you're feeling most comfortable!

It really doesn't need to be built up into a massive THING that you should be doing!

bragmatic Tue 11-Mar-14 13:11:14

Go on!

(And...er,...report back?)

I'm a sucker for romance.

AMumInScotland Tue 11-Mar-14 13:20:24

Just go for it! I think the only thing to bear in mind is that, if it's a surprise (you saying it, rather than feeling it) then he may be too startled to respond, so try not to be disappointed if you just get a blank stare or 'Eh?' as a reaction!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now