Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Online counselling

(5 Posts)
RollerCola Sun 09-Mar-14 22:37:03

Is there such a thing as a 'post-divorce' online counselling course? I'm 8 mths into separation from a 23yr relationship and while I'm happier, less stressed and more confident than I've been for years, I'm struggling to come to terms with the family unit breaking up and still feel terribly guilty for my children (12 & 7)

I'm also know I've got trust issues and worry that I'm going to mess up future relationships by being too scared that men are going to cheat on me or just get bored of me because this is what happened before.

Is the Freedom Programme suitable?

LavenderGreen14 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:40:12

It is if you suffered abuse - you can do it free Here

RollerCola Sun 09-Mar-14 22:55:07

Thank you, I didn't suffer physical abuse, but I spent years treading on eggshells, not wanting to come home, never knowing what mood he'd be in. He also had emotional affairs with other women. I just don't know how to get over it all. My kids don't deserve a broken family but at the same time I could never have carried on.

I'll have a look at the link and see if it's suitable. Thanks

LavenderGreen14 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:58:02

Treading on eggshells sounds like you may have lived with an abuser - hope it is helpful. I found it invaluable.

Keepithidden Mon 10-Mar-14 08:44:09

I've done on line counselling through Relate, I found it really a really useful and flexible way to obtain counselling.

My situation is very different to yours, but I understand Relate cater for a whole range of relationship issues so it would probably cover your circumstances. For what it's worth my counselling didn't really help with the situation itself, but it gave me an insight into how my behaviour, choices and thinking impacted on my immediate environment, be it friends, family or colleagues. Fascinating stuff, but uncomfortable and at times painful. Ultimately though it was worth it.

All the best Cola.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now