Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

anyone else feeling positive during split?

(9 Posts)
TheSillyBlueMoose Thu 06-Mar-14 13:04:49

Hi,

previous poster but NC.

Even though it's only been a short while since 'D'H announced he wants to split (after 16 years), I'm starting to feel positive, indeed almost excited about the new life I have to look forward to.

Conversely, the more I look forward & plan, the grumpier HE gets. Despite him being the one to say 'no negotiation, no counselling, nothing can be done'

I'm feeling as if i have some control back (after years of feeling downtrodden) and liking it!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 06-Mar-14 13:14:03

Good on you. Is DH still hanging around at home or has he moved out?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 06-Mar-14 13:17:04

BTW.. download a copy of 'I Will Survive' and blast it out. Especially that line about ... 'Did you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die?' grin

TheSillyBlueMoose Thu 06-Mar-14 13:39:18

Still hanging around the house.... we were getting on well up until recently, but I don't think he likes me being happy to move on!

tough....

Dwerf Thu 06-Mar-14 13:44:41

I did. I barely even cried after the actual split. Although I instigated it so it didn't exactly come as a shock to me. I just felt... free. And my marriage wasn't even terrible. No cheating, no abuse, but no good for me either. I felt it was more of a rebirth than anything else.

Life starts again, go out and grab it smile

Lweji Thu 06-Mar-14 13:47:45

Remember how you feel now when he starts begging to get back together. smile

Smilesandpiles Thu 06-Mar-14 15:47:40

LOL, he's just pissed because he's already noticed that not having him in your life is going to be a good thing.

Ignore the childish twat.

Cabrinha Thu 06-Mar-14 17:24:28

Yep, now he can't have you, he'll be seeing how much he's just pissed away! smile
And I daresay it will have crossed his mind that other men will be noticing new happier you!
Not that I'm urging you into a new relationship - single is fab.
Except maybe for him - not so much.
Fuck him!!!!!!!!

Smilesandpiles Thu 06-Mar-14 17:27:14

Don't fuck him! Fuck someone else! grin

<note to self, need to get laid>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now