Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have you run out of tablets?

(20 Posts)
Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 09:39:33

This gem from dh this morning cos I was in a bad mood.

I have been on anti d's for less than six months.

lesbican Thu 06-Mar-14 09:51:50

Ooof that comment would seriously piss me off. What was your response?

Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 09:59:47

I just walked away.

TisILeclerc Thu 06-Mar-14 11:48:06

Does he make comments like that often?

SoleSource Thu 06-Mar-14 11:49:31

Sensitive!

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Thu 06-Mar-14 11:56:40

That is very dismissive and disrespectful. Is he always this 'supportive'?

Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 12:52:21

First time he has said that to me.

On the whole he's not that supportive. he can be quite selfish and looks out for himself.

HellonHeels Thu 06-Mar-14 13:08:30

That's a nasty thing for him to say.

Could his behaviour be contributing to your poor mental health?

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Thu 06-Mar-14 13:55:22

Do you think he uses your use of anti-d's as a reason to not take you seriously? I mean as an underlying trend, rather than in this one-off comment (in which he totally did).

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 06-Mar-14 15:14:04

One "witty" remark during dark times can be forgiven, I think it's wise to pick your battles but if you think this is going to be a recurring theme I'd have a heart to heart with him.

Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 17:34:36

It wasn't witty in the slightest, it was meant to hurt me.

He's the reason I started on them to be honest.

He was on them years ago and I never used it as a stick to beat him with. I will see if he apologises, but I doubt it.

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Thu 06-Mar-14 17:46:09

You know he meant to hurt you.

He's the reason you are on them.

A decent person would not use this tactic, as you said.

Why do you want to stay?

Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 18:24:23

Yes to a certain extent he is the reason I'm on them. Him and his antics. It's all about him, or that's how it feels anyway.

And your right a decent person would never say something like that.

TisILeclerc Thu 06-Mar-14 19:08:14

OP does your nn have anything to do with him?

Bogeyface Thu 06-Mar-14 19:30:45

Why are still with him?

Not a flippant Q but from your short posts

He is the reason you are on Anti D;s in the first place
He is totally unsupportive
Makes cruel remarks
Is selfish and self obsessed
Has been up to "antics" (cheating?)

If you left him, would you still need the pills?

monkeyfacegrace Thu 06-Mar-14 19:35:37

My dh says this to me all the time. To be fair, when Im having an episode, its glaringly obvious if I havent been taking them grin

But, he isnt a cunt over it. He just knows Im shit at organising my meds.

Your dh just sounds like a dick.

Sortyourmakeupout Thu 06-Mar-14 20:04:13

Sorry for short posts, was posting in between homework, dinner and all the usual evening chores and he knows I come on here so I'm a bit paranoid he might look but at the same time I know he won't. I just don't want to cause trouble. God that sounds bad doesn't it.

And no, my bb has nothing to do with him at all. When I picked that name I was sat across from someone that had the craziest drawn on eyebrows I had ever seen!

LEMmingaround Thu 06-Mar-14 20:10:32

That was a shitty thing to say - my dp says it to me, but he genuinely means have i forgotten to take my ADs if i get stressy, rather than nasty sarcasm.

Why do you say he is the reason you are on ADs?

fawkeoff Thu 06-Mar-14 20:11:49

My ex used to say things along them lines to me all the time, every argument or disagreement was down to me because I was on meds...... Stopped takin em when we split , just knew it was my life circumstances that where the problem and not my mind, you don't need those kind of comments, and you're the bigger person for walking away, because it just emphasised what he is........A NOB

Bogeyface Thu 06-Mar-14 20:12:48

Dont apologise for the short posts, sometimes I think MN would be better with a word limit! You can get bogged down in "he said she said" and you managed to get all your issues down without waffle.

Read it back, seems pretty conclusive to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now