Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't get over my ex

(8 Posts)
Wishuponastar011 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:40:43

We broke up in November because he cheated on me with a women from work, I found out and moved back into my mums. Yesterday we finally arranged for him to being the last of my things over, he pulled up in the car with his new girlfriend. Ever since I can't stop thinking about him, I really miss him! What can I do to get over this feeling?

I did just accidentally post this in chat, reporting here!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 02-Mar-14 09:43:09

Go easy on yourself. November isn't so long ago and seeing him again will have dragged up a lot of old feelings. All you can do is remind yourself that he's a cheat, a liar and you can do a lot better. Then make a conscious effort to get on with your life and move forward without him. Good luck

moonriverandme Sun 02-Mar-14 10:18:37

What would do it for me is that he turned up with new gf to rub your nose in it. You are well rid, he has moved on you need to do the same. Go out with friends and pretend you are over him , it will quickly become real that you are. He isn't worth your time pining for him. Good luck.

Smilesandpiles Sun 02-Mar-14 10:36:15

It's only been 3 months.

It's going to take time to get over it, a lot of time. Keep yourself busy and do what ever it is your emotions need to do.

DO NOT give him the time of day - he's shown you what he is like, he's now more than happy to rub your face in it. He's a shit of the highest order.

aiann1 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:23:44

I know it's hard but believe me I think we have all been there at some point in our lives...it doesn't get any easier with age nor with experience. Just think...he was obviously not meant for you and that perfect someone is waiting to enter your life for good.....and the ex bf? what ex bf!!!!! Keep your chin up and keep smiling.

Only1scoop Sun 02-Mar-14 11:26:25

Onward and upward
Better things for you out there
Don't waste your tears on a cheat.

aiann1 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:26:38

If he can't appreciate your presence....let him appreciate your absence....and if he ever comes back....cos grass isn't always greener....tell him to take a hike!!

Wishuponastar011 Sun 02-Mar-14 12:59:59

Thank you everyone. I was doing okay before, just seeing him rocked up all those old feelings, wish I could just forget about him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now