Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I could cry, DH fallen asleep on our date night grrrr

(19 Posts)
ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 22:46:27

Ok so my eldest 3 have gone with in laws to see family for the night and my DH begged my mum to have baby so we could take advantage of some alone time which is a miracle in itself since she has never had them over night but her husbands out so guessing a factor.
So ive made a nice home made lasagne and garlic bread followed by a few vodka and cokes each, go to dtd and after hes sparko was gonna watch a dvd or 2 together but instead hes snoring away and ive got back up.

WTF please tell me this is not a sign were getting old? Normally child free were upto all sorts and stay up talking having a giggle etc sad Im prob just been a grumpy cow and should be greatful for the time weve just had but the night is still young sad

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 22:47:52

BTW im not really about to cry just a bit pissed off

Tommy Sat 01-Mar-14 22:48:03

it's called being married!! grin

you still have the morning of the kids are away all night wink

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 22:53:02

lmao yes reality of marriage is just hitting us. True we have the morning got to go get dd from my mums by 10am though sad

Mrswellyboot Sat 01-Mar-14 22:57:18

Wake him up grin

BIWI Sat 01-Mar-14 22:58:17

Go to bed and enjoy a full night's sleep!

Amicus1966 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:59:45

All men fall asleep after sex....no?

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 23:00:20

yer i may wake him up, i just got up in a stomp. Would love a good night sleep but feeling very lively, did lay with him a bit but nothing worse than just laying there itching to get up

flowery Sat 01-Mar-14 23:01:35

You have had a nice evening, it's now 11pm and you still just about have the chance of a really good nights sleep.

Sounds perfect to me.

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 23:01:35

Amicus1966 - No not all time hes usually ready to go again especially child free

Innogen Sat 01-Mar-14 23:05:18

He's just knackered, it's no reflection on you.

Wake him up in the morning for morning sex and have a lie in. My idea of bliss.

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 23:06:58

I know its nothing personal just since hes in bed for 10pm most nights anyway hed normally make effort, bless him maybe hes coming down with something.

Im just gonna finish my beer then gonna join him hopefully ill sleep

JumpingJackSprat Sat 01-Mar-14 23:12:25

Bloody hell poor bloke he fell asleep big deal! Id be pissed off if my partner stomped around because I fell asleep.

fairylightsintheloft Sat 01-Mar-14 23:15:53

I get why you re pissed off. DH falls asleep all the time (including in the cinema) and I just get so cross because we are supposed to be watching something together - usually something he has chosen. On a purely practical note, cook something less carb heavy next time - steak and salad maybe?

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 23:26:30

Good idea about the carbs, he wanted lasagne to be fair but god yeh it is so heavy even now 5 hours later. Oh gosh no he doesnt usually fall asleep watching out not if its something he wants to watch, ive been in cinema and seen people asleep must be a regular occurant for them lol

BIWI Sat 01-Mar-14 23:28:29

Look - you have a baby. You're allowed to be tired. Just enjoy the fact that you can have an interrupted night's sleep. And you do have the morning wink

ThinkIMmad Sat 01-Mar-14 23:28:47

Well im going to go get snuggly now, thanks for listening to me rant hehe. I do love him really smile

ThinkIMmad Sun 02-Mar-14 10:56:48

It turned out ok in the end, i was a bit too tipsy and over reacting. He woke by himself when i went bed and we had a nice way of ending the night. Woke up had long morning cuddles then gone to pick dd up for me and bringing mcdonalds home smile

Now gonna enjoy my last few hours of peace before the older ones get home

FruitbatAuntie Sun 02-Mar-14 11:08:59

Oh dear. Have to admit though, I have done the same myself, post babies. He obviously needed the sleep - I'm sure it wasn't personal.

Glad you had a better (ahem) ending and morning smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now