Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dinner date at home

(13 Posts)
LizzieBelle Sat 01-Mar-14 20:55:51

Ok girls & guys, I have a question. I am going to cook a meal at my mans new home, and I want to take him a nice house warming present. He has got lots of stuff but I can't think of anything really nice to take him.

Has anyone got any novel ideas for a present???

Whatnamenext Sat 01-Mar-14 21:19:03

Nothing that stinks out his new home grin

I'd always go with something consumable alcohol/candle rather than a 'thing' he might not like.

<unhelpful>

LizzieBelle Sat 01-Mar-14 21:48:02

I thought of a candle too, but ummed and ahhed about it, I have some tealights, so maybe a couple of small candle holders??

<stressing>>

lovelymumof4 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:56:57

Just turn up in a long coat wearing nothing underneath but a smile on your face. Your bloke is sure to love that! Best house warming pressie i say!

BeforeAndAfter Sat 01-Mar-14 21:58:19

My DP has a tradition (that I have now adopted) that candles must be lit when drinks are poured, while dinner is being prepared. We have some gorgeous candle holders and the tea lights come out every night. It creates a romantic, twinkly vibe and you can collect lovely candle holders together when you go on holiday, outings etc.

RRRJ83 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:59:36

Whisky glasses and good bottle of the stuff

LizzieBelle Sat 01-Mar-14 22:05:28

So candles definitely and....something else?

WipsGlitter Sat 01-Mar-14 22:07:17

Plant? Vase and flowers? Alessi corkscrew? Or that fish one men like but is actually totally shite and impossible to use.

Gomez Sat 01-Mar-14 22:08:42

A nice pestle and mortar which you can then use when cooking?

BeforeAndAfter Sat 01-Mar-14 22:08:57

How about something spicy to share from a saucy site? One like Love Honey or similar?

lovelymumof4 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:27:51

Some sexy undies and a nice big vibrator.

LizzieBelle Sat 01-Mar-14 22:44:28

Blimey you lot! I want something he can put on show, not sure lovelymums would go down too well on the kitchen side grin

BeforeAndAfter Sat 01-Mar-14 22:59:39

Put the vibrator on show in the kitchen and say it's an electric pestle grin

Alternatively, how about a photo frame with a photo of the two of you or if that's too heavy a photo of his dog/cat/hamster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now