Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My ex asked me out ...so predictable.

(13 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sat 01-Mar-14 18:37:11

So my ex dumped me because I was 'stressed and anxious' due to my new job. A month later he asks me out on a date. The idiot. Of course I have moved on. Haven't spoke to him all month.Why do they always do this? Come crawling back I mean.

FabULouse Sat 01-Mar-14 18:40:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Logg1e Sat 01-Mar-14 18:41:20

Do you remember that All Saints song, "It's A Booty Call"?

Smilesandpiles Sat 01-Mar-14 18:42:22

I have no idea why they think they can come back. It's funny as hell when they do though.

justiceofthePeas Sat 01-Mar-14 18:44:38

What did you say? And did he make an effort at all to impress? You know, dressing up in a uniform, playing guitar outside your window, doing the robot outside your work. Turning up naked with a rose between his teeth.

if not, i suggest that you all him to do any irritating all of the above while your consider his request...then tell him nogrin

FabULouse Sat 01-Mar-14 18:46:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kernowgal Sat 01-Mar-14 18:48:37

My ex called me "cold and selfish" when he walked out, having treated me with utter contempt for the best part of two years.

About a week later I got a text inviting me for drinks and dinner at his new place.

It gave me such great pleasure to text back "No thank you".

Kernowgal Sat 01-Mar-14 18:49:48

Although I wish I'd replied: "You're fucking joking, right?"

Smilesandpiles Sat 01-Mar-14 18:51:16

I said:

"No. Don't contact me again"

grin

justiceofthePeas Sat 01-Mar-14 18:56:42

^^ that should say ask him to do any or all of the above.

Nothing irritating!

superstarheartbreaker Sat 01-Mar-14 18:57:54

No effort. Just mentioned he had a spare tkt for a gig we were going to go to. I miss him sometimes though. I was right to say no wasn't i? Tbh the job wasn't worth it but then he prob wasn't either.

balia Sat 01-Mar-14 19:03:42

Text back - "thanks I needed cheering up today and the idea of that was really funny. It reminds me of this joke 'Q - Why did the princess kiss the frog the second time?' A - she fucking didn't, dumbass."

Dinnaeknowshitfromclay Sat 01-Mar-14 19:06:23

Move on from both the job and the Ex. He's probably just trying to work your melon cos he's bored!
My ex came back after trying to move his GF and her DC in one Christmas (expecting me to go home to my parents even though I was on half the mortgage confused). I booted out all three with the help of the police. He said he wanted to come back a month later and was utterly astonished when I said, 'Good God no, I can't think of anything I would rather not do'. He's still with her but her husband that initially moved out has moved back in again so who knows? Men are not from Mars, they are from another solar system altogether I reckon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now