Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Honest opinions please. Marriage deteriorated and husband controlling.

(3 Posts)
Suzyjane1 Sat 01-Mar-14 15:33:59

The situation is..

H is so moody. Mean and intolerant towards my teenage ds1 (from a previous relationship but H adopted). Finds fault with pretty much everything ds1 does. Ds1 is mid assessment for ASD. Has had difficulties all his life and still doesn't have proper friends.

H is so controlling. Eg today I mentioned that I need to do a food shop and he told me it wasn't practical and that he would do it. I ended up begging him and he still refused to let me go.

I am totally reliant on him. He drives, has bank card, moans at every penny I spend. I have child benefit (Roughly �185 every four weeks and I make sure it goes on 3 dcs and things they need. School trips, hair cuts, odd bit of clothing etc)

We don't have a physical relationship anymore. Mainly my choice but tbh he doesn't seem that bothered.

I find myself avoiding him and dreading him coming home. When he's not here I have fun with kids.

EllaFitzgerald Sat 01-Mar-14 15:36:21

It sounds horrible.

How long has he been like this? Did something trigger his behaviour or was it a gradual thing? What are you getting from the relationship?

Dinnaeknowshitfromclay Sat 01-Mar-14 15:42:32

Your last sentence says it all Suzy. Life should be fun. This is not a dress rehearsal and other apt clichés that are all totally true. The behaviour of your DS would probably stabilise without the constant corrosive criticism too.
Do you own or are you renting? Make a plan, split and get more fun. Avoiding and dreading in your own home is not on for long term is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now