Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help please - question about very ticklish/sensitive breasts

(7 Posts)
chocolatier Wed 26-Feb-14 13:47:59

Hi

I'm a newbie (obviously) in fact I joined here specifically to ask if any other women have extremely ticklish/sensitive breasts when having sex?

I don't know what's happened to me because this has only been a recent thing and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me having gone through the menopause recently (I'm nearly 50)

It hasn't ruined my sex-life (my partner is very understanding) but it's putting me off because I now can't stand what used to be really wonderful for me - or not until I'm really aroused anyway.

Hope that makes sense and that someone out there has experienced this and can offer me a bit of advice

Thanks

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Feb-14 15:17:49

Is it something you'd consider talking to your GP about? Is it sensitivity or a more general tenderness?

7to25 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:30:38

This happened to me and lasted for a few months but has resolved post-menopausally. I am now back to normal. I think it is all the mad hormones.

kentishgirl Wed 26-Feb-14 17:17:06

'I don't know what's happened to me because this has only been a recent thing and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me having gone through the menopause recently (I'm nearly 50)'

I'm late 40s and I think peri-menopausal, and the same thing has started happening to me too. Sometimes fine, sometimes I just can't stand them being touched. It doesn't hurt, they aren't tender, just feels yuk/tickly and makes me cringe. Poor OH has started asking for permission first :-).

No advice but will follow this thread with interest.

chocolatier Wed 26-Feb-14 18:21:01

CogitoErgoSometimes - it's not that they're tender, it's that they've become hypersensitive and when my DP (been reading-up on the acronyms here) touches them they tickle and it makes me giggly. Although I'm laughing it's unpleasant and I can't bear it. All sounds rather crazy - I know which is why I'd probably not bother my GP about because I can't see it being anything he could help with.

Thanks for replying and same to 7to25 and kentishgirl

gobbledegook1 Fri 28-Feb-14 11:08:41

Kentishgirl, as you said:

I just can't stand them being touched. It doesn't hurt, they aren't tender, just feels yuk/tickly and makes me cringe.

I have the exact same issue. However I'm only 29 and have been this way as long as I can remember. My DP is very understanding but it does drive him nuts because all he has to do is accidentally catch or brush over my nipple (or even just close to it) and I reactively pull away as it sort of tickles and I don't like the sensation. He thinks I'm weird!

Sorry thats not much help advice wise but your not alone!

chocolatier Fri 28-Feb-14 17:01:50

I was hoping for an answer but will settle for knowing that it's not just me gobbledegook1

Thanks for your feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now