Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Texting

(43 Posts)
Confusedbytechnology Tue 25-Feb-14 17:33:12

Ok have been seeing my boyfriend for a few months. I am in love with him and am pretty sure he feels same. We spend more or less every night together.
He's just sent me I <3 u xxx
We haven't used the L word at all yet
Any offers of interpretation?
And why do that by text?

honeybeeridiculous Tue 25-Feb-14 17:36:00

It's a heart shape, he loves you!! Maybe he's too scared to tell you to your face yet and is just testing the water <3

MirandaWest Tue 25-Feb-14 17:37:05

Bit less scary to do it by text? He might not be sure if how you feel and so doing it this way might be helping him to broach the subject delicately?

Or he might not really mean it? None of us can tell but if you ask him hopefully you'll find out smile

WhateverTrevor83 Tue 25-Feb-14 17:41:04

Aw grin

OP and her DP, sitting up a tree...!

I'd ask him about it too. Enjoy it (all the butterflies etc) before others start asking 'are you sure it was for you?' etc grin

RighteousSausage Tue 25-Feb-14 17:43:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

handfulofcottonbuds Tue 25-Feb-14 17:43:56

LTB!

Sorry, in a strange mood today smile

Very sweet, why not text back I <3 u 2 xxx

Confusedbytechnology Tue 25-Feb-14 17:58:49

Oh good nice answers
Have sent back you too which now seems a but non committal maybe?

caz1010 Tue 25-Feb-14 18:58:21

I told my dh, then boyf, elephant juice to test the water.
no im not completey insane, if you lip read its the same a I love you. Sort of whispered it so if he burst out laughing or felt awkward I could have cone out with aq wholly bollocks story about elephant juice.
After 10 years he signs all cards and texts to ke elephant juice ! grin

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Tue 25-Feb-14 19:03:28

Oh is that what it means? I thought it was something to do with 'less than 3' so had interpreted that message as "1 less than 3 (=2) xxx". blush

That's sweet OP. I probably would have responded as you did, always safest when you don't know what's going on.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Tue 25-Feb-14 19:04:09

I don't get the elephant juice thing! confused

LineRunner Tue 25-Feb-14 19:08:03

Lying, at least OP solved the equation correctly.

Tinks42 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:11:34

Well it's very sweet and you reacted appropriately. Think he needs to tell you to your face really?

Confusedbytechnology Tue 25-Feb-14 19:25:06

Yes am seeing him later so kind of hoping he will do so can report back. I think it's been in the air for quite a while actually so be nice to have it out in the open

ITCouldBeWorse Tue 25-Feb-14 21:46:05

It could be a heart, or possibly a scrotum. Either way he likes you!

Confusedbytechnology Wed 26-Feb-14 07:55:50

Well he mentioned it first. Said he was a bit disappointed by my response.
He didn't use the L word but said well one step at a time.
Am now even more confused!

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Feb-14 07:57:55

Ahhh bless.... where's Cathy and Claire when you need them.... <sigh>

handfulofcottonbuds Wed 26-Feb-14 08:01:41

If you love him, tell him you do. There's no rules that say he has to say it first.

Life's too short to not say what you feel.

Good luck.

ThinkFirst Wed 26-Feb-14 09:54:49

Did you just reply with "you too" or "I <3 u 2 xxx" If it was the first I can understand why he might have been a bit disappointed. If you do love him, just tell him, he's already made the first move smile

JoinYourPlayfellows Wed 26-Feb-14 09:57:46

I'd be so disappointed if the way someone decided to tell me they loved me was a text written in text speak.

I think he's lucky you responded at all.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Feb-14 09:59:48

To be honest I thought <3 meant 'greater than three' or 'you have a big arse'... confused

JoinYourPlayfellows Wed 26-Feb-14 10:01:29

No, it means either "less than three" or "you are a pear shape and I am Gok Wan"

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Feb-14 10:05:07

Less than three <slaps forehead>... you're quite right.

JoinYourPlayfellows Wed 26-Feb-14 10:41:56

grin

I had to check a few times just to be sure.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Feb-14 10:43:49

It's the kind of mistake that would have me pedantically rolling my eyes at the stupidity of others.... oh the shame, the shame...

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 26-Feb-14 11:09:31

He's disappointed by what?! What did he want you to say confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now